Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laws regarding riding over capacity scooter when not registered to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laws regarding riding over capacity scooter when not registered to.

Hi, im not sure if there is a scooter forum who may be able to answer this question but ill ask it here just incase. I am thinking of buying a 90 or 125 cc scooter and was wondering what the ramifications were if i got caught? Also is it easy for police to tell the capacity of the bike? is it on there records as soon as they look up the rego? And do they allways check to see if your licenced to ride? Dodgy question i know but i was just wondering. Cheers.
    PS; It would be a first time offence. ta

1 - You're not insured.
    2 - Probably riding without a license. Court. Loss of License etc.

Have fun with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirkz View Post
      1 - You're not insured.
      2 - Probably riding without a license. Court. Loss of License etc.

Have fun with that.
      + out of licence = vehicle confisacation now.

Comment

1. As above.
        2. Go get a license. It's not that hard.

D'Art

Comment

I've had a cop give me grief over my bike aparently being a 500 or some such, even though it is one of the most common 250's in existence so I don't think the cops have a very good idea about capacities, but it is still a bad idea.

I know people who ride/drive without a licence and whilst its their choice, they are silly in making it.

Comment

If you do it, please stay the fuck away from me.

kthanxbai.
            >>I like to play with snakes<<

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

Comment

I think it is just out of class so long as you have you R-N license. It would be without a license if all you had was your C class.

What some people dont know is that it is an R license but with an N or E restriction hence being only out of class and not without a license.

Comment

They are classed as the same thing nowadays when determining your punishment.

Out of class = no licence.

Comment

To the original Poster,
                  Went through a booze bus last night and the first thing the cop said was to ask for my license and checked to see if I had my open license. So my suggestion is just go get your license, its not hard, little bit of money spent as they will check you.
                  :stupid:

Comment

Why would you want to go to the trouble of reading up as to whether or not you can get away with riding a larger than allowed capacity bike when it's easy enough to get your R-E? Are you 16, or just that shitty of a rider that you won't be able to pass an assessment?

Comment

Also wise to learn how to actually control the thing properly + road positioning etc in the interest of self-preservation.

Comment

you run the risk of something bad happening, either through having an accident or being one of the many targeted scooter riders that police pull over and check. I have seen more scooters randomly pulled over than cars.
                        Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Also is it easy for police to tell the capacity of the bike?
                          - its normally printed on the side of the thing
                          - when they run the plate (as they do to check who the owner is, whether its been reported stolen, etc), it will come up on the computer as part of the registration info.

If you're thinking "oh well i won't do anything wrong and won't get pulled over" - think again.

"Random" license checks, RBT, etc all mean that sooner or later it WILL happen.

I have seen more scooters randomly pulled over than cars.
                          May have something to do with the average scooter rider riding like a cock.

Don't take that the wrong way, i rode like a cock last time i rode a scooter too, they just lend themselves to it...
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Just go to the Dept ofLicencing or the Police stn and ask the same question. But remember to start the sentence with---"one of my friends wants to know......................

Comment

This has to be the easiest licence to get. Get one.

Then return here for advice on how to ride like a cock legally.
                              Please, call me Flash...

Comment

Working...
                              X