Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synthetic Oils - How much would you pay??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthetic Oils - How much would you pay??

Here we go again, looking for peoples opinions and the reasons why?

1. What Brand do you use?

2. Reasons why you prefer the brand?

3. What do you pay per liter?

4. Do you think the price is fair?

Would you be keen to try out a new 10-50w Synthetic Bike Oil
    of which meets -
    API SL
    ACEA A3-98
    JASO MA

Depends on hard you ride it

Comment

I use the Mobil 4T fully synth racing blend that you reccommended. I like it because it's a cunt to find so it's exclusive

I pay about $62 for 4L so roughly $15/L. The price doesn't bother me.

The reason I use this oil over any other is that my GPX gets revved very hard, very regularly, and it needs a decent oil to help it cope better. I also change it every 3oook's.
      Last edited by polonY; 01-09-2009, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weed View Post
        Depends on hard you ride it

Well, of course...

What do you ride?
        What oil do you use and WHY?

Comment

Originally posted by polony View Post
          I use the Mobil 4T fully synth racing blend that you reccommended. I like it because it's a cunt to find so it's exclusive

I pay about $62 for 4L so roughly $15/L. The price doesn't bother me.

Statewide Oil Distributors have Mobil 4T fully synth racing blend all the time.

How about the equivalent oil for $10L?

I have been fishing around for Oil Prices to buy bulk.
          Boy was I shocked!!!

Mobil 1 4T Racing doesnt come in bulk.
          So based on purchasing 4L containers at $62 each
          72L would cost me - $1116 AUD

Motul 300V well this blew me away - $1200 for 60L
          72L would cost me - $1440 AUD

Then I gave up!!!

Why am I basing it on 72L will unfold soon....

Comment

I do go to statewide to get it, but its really the only place and it's miles away so I have to buy a couple at a time. If there was a truly equivalent oil for $10/L, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
              Would you be keen to try out a new 10-50w Synthetic Bike Oil
              of which meets -
              API SL
              ACEA A3-98
              JASO MA
              yeh i would, but what is

API SL
              ACEA A3-98
              JASO MA

last oil change i used the shell brand synthetic, but only cos i was in a hurry and that was the only synthetic oil they had. i think it was $45 for 4 litres...
              Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, but glory lasts forever.

afterall, a bit of pain never hurt anyone!

Comment

Is this a potential business oppurtunity for you Jules or a group buy of sorts?

Comment

No business oppurtunity for me...

I have ordered 72L of TOTAL Hi Perf 4T Grand Prix oil
                  delivered to my Mums for $660 AUD - $9.17L

Im the Guinea Pig with this, see how it goes and let everyone know..

Comment

Do you mind telling how you went about getting it in that quantity? I'd be interested in doing that myself.

Comment

I know tractor sumps are big, but 72 litres in a 998, well who woulda thought.

I use Motul 5100, somewhere between $8-$10/L, depending how my suplier feels.

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
                        I have ordered 72L of TOTAL Hi Perf 4T Grand Prix oil
                        that's a shitload of oil... how often do you change it?
                        Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, but glory lasts forever.

afterall, a bit of pain never hurt anyone!

Comment

has anyone tried Silkolene Comp 4 full synthetic? is it any good?

Comment

I use Silkolene Comp4 and it is decent. Have no problems with the bike and works out I pay $12 per litre for it. Wont be able to get this price much longer and my oil changes are 1.1L so a 1L bottle isn't enough. Subscribed to this thread for some cheapo oil =) I haven't noticed much difference but the engine runs well on my bike and doesn't use oil.
                            Originally posted by darkfibre
                            Just sync the oil changes with her monthly cycle and get all the grumpyness over with, leaving the rest of the month clear sailing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam 52 View Post
                              Do you mind telling how you went about getting it in that quantity? I'd be interested in doing that myself.
                              Blanket email bomb all the major oil companies and they generally
                              send back a reply with a distributors contact email address.

The TOTAL oil is coming from Sunoco Oils in Albany..

Brad (sales rep) was very helpful....

Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
                              I know tractor sumps are big, but 72 litres in a 998, well who woulda thought.

I use Motul 5100, somewhere between $8-$10/L, depending how my suplier feels.
                              The company bringing in my 999R is also trialing -
                              Panolin America Website - Philosophy

Website is crap!!

But Maurice says Ducati Adelaide is trialling it out and their tests show the oil comes up with the desired results...

Dont ask me what they are testing or what results were as I have no clue!!

But if can get a reasonable price for 44 Gallon drum then we have a source of oil!!!

Some advertising Guff -

07/31/08

PANOLIN Ducati Racing Team - Pannonia-Ring (Hungary)

From July 21 – 25, 2008 the PANOLIN Ducati Racing Team was on the Pannonia race track in Hungary. The team showed again its perfect driving and technical abilities and pushed the bikes to the limit. PANOLIN, as the official lubricant partner, proved again the outstanding performance level of the engine oils, fork oils, chain lubricants and other products.
                              PANOLIN BIO RACE, the latest engine oil technology, sets new limits regarding safe lubrication even under severe and extreme conditions. PANOLIN STREET 4T BIO RACE 10W/50, which was applied in all Ducati Bikes, was convincing at all points.

Originally posted by chrisso View Post
                              that's a shitload of oil... how often do you change it?
                              I change the oil when my shifting becomes notchy, remember 4 bikes as well.

Im trying to find ways to get around the 3 x price Markups the products receive prior to getting into the buyers hands.
                              Oil/Servicing is a hefty chunk of running a vehicle, particularly guys/gals who race..

The oil isnt only for me either, have some friends who are pretty keen to try it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X