Learners with Pillions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learners with Pillions

I know learners are allowed to have the instructor on the back. But with me shadowing My son. Can he carry his younger bro on the back?
    sigpic
    “A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.”

yes
    Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
    1985 - 2009

Comment

thx yagadan, my youngest son wants to go on the back of his bro's bike down to his mums in armadale, and i wasn't sure of the law. thx again, he will be stoked.
      sigpic
      “A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.”

Comment

Legal - yes,
        safer than being on your bike rather a learners - ????
        Formaly Greaper8

Comment

It would be best if you have your son in your bike IMO... but up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Xuaxace View Post
            It would be best if you have your son in your bike IMO... but up to you.
            i'd agree with this until your elder son has built up a bit more experience.
            https://www.facebook.com/mgmotorcycletraining25/

Comment

yeah i know thx for advice. my son has been riding for a year now and is just about to get his r-e. He is a safe and confident rider who is not a hoon by any measure. His younger bro loves being on the bike, any bike. I think he just wants to ride on the back with his bro. In saying that i do agree it would be safer on the back with me. I just wasen't sure about the law.
              sigpic

Comment

Must be bromance .

Comment

umm wait a minute NO, you can have your son on the back of your bike, but your son being a learner cannot have his brother on the back of his bike.

Comment

Where do you get that interpretation from?
                    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                      umm wait a minute NO, you can have your son on the back of your bike, but your son being a learner cannot have his brother on the back of his bike.
                      Really?

I asked dpi back when i was on my L's and they said it's the same as if you are in a car. As long as a 4 year + person of that particular licence is present it is okay.
                      Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                      1985 - 2009

Comment

I've seen nowhere that states it is illegal, I agree. It's not a condition on your learners either.
                        If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Now im confused. I'm tending to belive stoneville, it just sounds right. just dont want to get my son into trouble, might look this one up. thx
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
                            Really?

I asked dpi back when i was on my L's and they said it's the same as if you are in a car. As long as a 4 year + person of that particular licence is present it is okay.
                            mmmm Well we all know how good the DPI are, but they could be right for once, but I'd suggest that it isn't the best option though

Comment

No offence, but I've heard you tell people that its ok to go on the freeway on your R learners, or on RE as long as it wasnt your first license, when the permit expressly says you can't.

Comment

Working...
                              X