Speed or street triple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed or street triple?

Hi guys,.. shopping for my next naked.. just wondering if you could share any thoughts on the speed and street.. which is better to get? besides the power and weight and price what is the diff.. is the speed really worth it.? how is the reliability compare to japs bikes... would love your input. thanks!!

nah get an FZ1N

Comment

speed
      Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

ride both.

the street is lighter though...
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Speed = easy ride, endless torque.
          Street = revy scratcher.
          07 MV F41000R
          09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
          07 CBR 600RR trackbike
          sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

speed

Comment

Ride them both back to back. I did and I would take the smaller Street Triple over the Speed every day. your mileage may vary.
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

I test rode the street and speed triple. Personally found the street triple the better bike...the speed triple felt too bulky for my liking. But as said, test ride them both then decide.

Comment

I think I'll go for the street (not saying much since I've only ridden three puny bikes, my cbf, and a scorpio and xt250 at the deca), since I'm not (yet) concerned with speed, and want something lighter/nimbler.

Plus I just LOVE the street triple R (not sure if the speed has an R version...)
                  Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                  If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Ride both hey. I took both for a spin a while ago. It was the Street R to be fair though.
                    The street definately has sharper quicker turning. So if you want a street fanger get that one.
                    The Speed is definately quicker and an awesome wheelie bike.
                    Personally I found the street really narrow and took a while to get used to, even coming off the gixxer6. Power wise it didn't inspire me. Not bad at all just as a street bike it wasn't for me.
                    I much preffered the speed. The wider tank reminded me of my old R1 which i really liked. It was just a fun bike to ride and you could be a bit lazy if you wanted. The lever set up really shat me but that can be fixed. The speed left me with the biggest smile so that's the one I'd get.
                    But yeah... depends what you want.
                    Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

Depends on you, how tall/heavy are you, what's you're riding style.
                      My preference is the Speed, I don't find it heavy and it drops into corners very nicely - things like this depend on the profile & condition of your tyres too.
                      To answer your question about reliability I reckon the current trumpys are on par with jap bikes. My Speed has given me no mechanical grief at all for over 3 years. I had a lil bit of trouble with electric cabling getting pinched near the neck but that could happen with any bike.

Comment

Glad to see another guy going Naked Not sure about reliability for the street - but the 3 cyl Speed Trip engine has been around for a long time so I would think reliability would be well sorted - and for 1050 cc's for about 15k?? Thats awesome value (Honda cb1000r is 18k )

I would ride them both but cos im 6ft plus i would go for the 1050... the street trip (based on the daytona 675 frame and wheel base) would be to short for me.

Comment

^^Think the speed triple is closer to 18k.

The street R is ~15, and you can get 1-2yo streets for 8-10k
                          Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                          If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov-21 View Post
                            ^^Think the speed triple is closer to 18k.

The street R is ~15, and you can get 1-2yo streets for 8-10k
                            I just looked it up your right! When i was looking at the 06/07 i think... They were running them out 15,500 ride away - but this is the new model... Still pretty good value for 15k second hand with less that 5k kms.

Comment

Either way, both are excellent bikes.
                              such comment
                              wow
                              many post

Comment

Working...
                              X