BP Shit Fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP Shit Fuel

I recently filled up at BP in South Perth with 98 ultimate and unknowingly put about 1.5ltrs of what has turned out to be a combination of water and sludge into my tank Obviously my bike didn't like this and all and died on me! I took it to Causeway Service Center and they found the problem, it had destroyed 3 spark plugs various other problems, it required the fuel pump to be stripped and cleaned so on and so forth. This has left me footing a fairly expensive repair bill and obviously it isn't covered by warranty!!!

I'm just wondering if anybody else has had a similar problem to this and what if any action they took with the Petrol station/s

Cheers
    Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.

I'd definately be ringing the service station manager asap, give them a chance to make good.

Comment

Paid with cash or card? If cash did you get a receipt?

Comment

Make a claim against bp. We had a work truck shit itself because of shit fuel from bp
        edit: you'll want to make sure it was the fuel that caused this. Any left to test?
        Warning: The above post was probably written while under the influence.

Comment

Was this the BP on the corner of Mill st and Mends st?

Comment

Inform the BP manager immediately - stop it happening to other people, and looks better when you approach them RE your repair bill.
            Originally posted by Dragunov-21
            If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

I'm sure that they don't deliberately start their day with a "Gee, let's see who's day we can ruin today..."

Are you sure it was them? It would seem reasonable if you filled up and the bike died pretty much straight away - water sinks to the bottom of the tank, so the bike would ingest the water right then and there.

I'd ask for a report from the repairer and then approach BP directly, not through the station - after all, the young girl at the counter won't know fuck-all, and wouldn't give a shit anyway. If you're unsure, contact consumer affirs (or whatever they are called) for the advice and the most appropriate way of approaching them.

Whatever you do, do it now, as waiting a few days wouldn't help your case at all.

I fuelled there weekly for 7 years and never once had a drama, maybe I was lucky.....

Best of luck dude
              Dead Man's Hand
              Internationational Porter Protection Group
              Just call me Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Kane It View Post
                This has left me footing a fairly expensive repair bill and obviously it isn't covered by warranty!!!

Make sure you get 3 things:

- receipt for the fuel you bought
                - written opinion of the mechanic that the motor was destroyed by shit fuel
                - advice from ACCC.

If you have the first 2, i reckon you've got decent grounds to get BP to pay for it.

edit:
                obviously, you should talk to the station manager before getting too gung ho...

edit2:
                bp australia complaints even, be better as above...
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I thought the fuel has to go through a suction screen before being
                  discharged out the bowser???

Bizarre to damage plugs though???

Fuel pump stripped??
                  Can you do that???
                  No filter in the tank??

Comment

If you get no joy from BP, try your insurance company.

I have been advised never to fill up while the tanker is on site or for an hour or two afterwards if you can avoid it, this was after an episode with a fuel injected car I had.
                    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

did you call them?

Call them

Dubs

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
                        If you get no joy from BP, try your insurance company.

I have been advised never to fill up while the tanker is on site or for an hour or two afterwards if you can avoid it, this was after an episode with a fuel injected car I had.
                        That's good advice. When they pump the fuel in it stirs up all the sediment and shit in the bottom of the tank. There shouldn't be much tho but I'd keep going to the next petrol station just in case.

Comment

INFORMAL advise from a mate at BP:

It does happen from time to time, it is unlikely that the shit came out of that tank though.
                          Keep a sample of the fuel and take it back to the servo and make a claim, they are insured for it.
                          You need to do this coz you can be sure that if it's true that it came from their tank you wont be the only one affected on that date.

Dubs

Comment

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_inte..._guarantee.pdf

Hope that link works, if not go to BP.com.au In there it states a limit of time (6 months) so as per above.
                            You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?

Comment

interested in the outcome of this case, keep us posted and all the best to you

Comment

Working...
                              X