X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic bike screws

Hey all

I have done a search and looked around the net a bitto no avail

what im looking for is those 2cm long plastic screws which hold my windscreen on basicsly I took my windscreen off yesterday and one sheered so it needs replacing

so long story short anyone knows where I could get one or several of these from???

Thanks much

Shaun
    Master of the missed signals

It's a 2005 r6 btw

Comment

those yamaha screen screws are shit. they fade and go brittle over time.

replace them with allen head screws and you will never have this problem again. You can get black ones, rated r can get you some, pro bolt have better quality ones.

Comment

Originally posted by rgvlee View Post
        those yamaha screen screws are shit. they fade and go brittle over time.

replace them with allen head screws and you will never have this problem again. You can get black ones, rated r can get you some, pro bolt have better quality ones.
        cheers for the quick response I'll check out (and buy some) rated r when I get home

Comment

On my old SRX I replaced the windshield screws with marine grade stainless ones...Super Cheap pack of 10 less than $12 from memory...but yeah, move away from the plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Retro_19702000 View Post
            On my old SRX I replaced the windshield screws with marine grade stainless ones...Super Cheap pack of 10 less than $12 from memory...but yeah, move away from the plastic.

Yep, cheaper than Rated thingy......

Comment

provided you want a standard bolt... the plastic screws are black and I think you'll find coloured bolts hard to get from most local places.

Comment

I am also looking for those pathetic little screws for my GSXR 600. I was given the run around for 1.5hrs in Osborne Pk this morning. The flush mount, black ones don’t seem to exist in Perth. the following EBay link has them if you want plastic ones, otherwise im going to go with Retro_19702000 idea and try get some from Supacheap.

Fairing Windscreen Screws bolts kit anodised GSXR K6 K8 - eBay Suzuki, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 17-Oct-09 09:38:49 AEDST)
                Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.

Comment

i got windscreen bolts from ratedr, no probs.
                  for most other clips and push rivets, i just get oem.
                  Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                  Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Nylon screws are available at hobby shops . various sizes but only black or white from memory .

Comment

The plastic ones suck. I don't know why they use the.

Comment

Try Eagle Screens, they should have most sizes.
                        " Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill"

Comment

I got metal hex head ebay ones from some mob in taiwan for about $8 a set, got em for the gixxer and trumpy... can get different colours too....
                          they seem decent quality, only took a few days to get here too

top366tw is the seller id

Comment

EVERYBODY SEARCH NO MORE!!!

The new MotoMax in Osbourne Park is the place to go. I went in on Wednesday, they said they could get me in the black ones i wanted in metal and they were in the shop on Thursday morning. new MotoMax seems to have everything, even all K&N filters and Irridium plugs that i couldnt find anywhere else in Perth. Made my life easier anyway.
                            Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.

Comment

Working...
                            X