How bad is winter grime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is winter grime?

Probably sounds like a stupid question, but how bad is winter grime on your bike?
    I have just cleaned my bike (first time in coupla months) because it appeared to have a film of oil on it, i'm assuming its oil/diesel picked up off of wet roads. Will crap like this damage your paint if left uncleaned for winter? It seems like a waste of time cleaning when you want to go riding in the rain.
    Originally posted by Rocket
    Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

Over here it's not so bad as it has no salt in it.

Comment

yeh i read fast bikes and feel sorry for the pommy road users over there. You see some of there photo shoots and the whole bottom of their bikes are covered in salt
      Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

Comment

Yeah, fasteners go furry within a few weeks.

Comment

so if its just oils/fuel off the road will it damage anything if left uncleaned till the warmer....read dryer months

Comment

Don't be lazy.. it only takes 10 minutes to give your bike a quick clean..

If you leave it for the whole winter it will be a cvnt to clean come summer...
            Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, but glory lasts forever.

afterall, a bit of pain never hurt anyone!

Comment

Working...
            X