Identifying this snake-oil... anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying this snake-oil... anyone?

All right guys, what do we think this is?

Given the psuedo-technical crap they're spouting about smoothing power, I'm guessing it's just a capacitor of some sort?

Anyone got any thoughts on it?
    Originally posted by Dragunov-21
    If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

I dont see how anything electrical could possibly improve your fuel consumption...

Load of crap I reckon.
    I once saw a bloke on eBay selling something that makes a vortex in your airbox to increase fuel consumption. Further digging found that he only sent out a flat sheet of tin and you had to make it yourself...

You gotta be careful on eBay, make sure you do youer research and use Paypal, because at least you are protected that way.

Comment

"im buying one for my golf tdi" LOL
      Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

oooh, an Energy Polarizer???

Comment

reminds me of the old "plasma booster"
          Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
          Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Essential upgrade for those unable to afford the flux capacitor, amirite?

(where is that link lol?)
            If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

man, shit like this...if it does what it says...i think the manufacturers would be on to it already

Comment

Just a Capacitor... May smooth the battery voltage, but so would a larger battery.
                Cannot help ignition output though.

In other news, i'm having difficulty stopping my perpetual motion machine

A perpetual motion experiment;
                post a thread on PSB "Is $6500 too much for a mint CBR250, and should I paint over the collectable fairings"
                Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Lol, putting a "magic booster" on your battery is going to help you combust fuel better. Almost as bad as that one where you stick something to the outside of your air intake to make your car run better.

This bit is gold: "your engine runs more smoother and mileage increases by the steady & complete combustion"

Bernie says "think before you drive bribe"

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
                    "Is $6500 too much for a mint CBR250, and should I paint over the collectable fairings"
                    Yes - that paint scheme is teh ghey. You should allow at least another 3k for professionally spraying them. Don't even think about getting new fairings and storing the tricolours, it's a bad idea.

Rebuttal, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenz View Post
                      I dont see how anything electrical could possibly improve your fuel consumption...
                      Really? I mean not this thing. But Really?

Comment

^^What about a "better" coil and/or plugs? (one that gives a stronger spark - I dunno, just throwing it out there)

Comment

But but but.. it must work.. because

ITS FROM JAPaN!!11111!!
                          comic sans is OKAY!

Comment

Originally posted by edmands_3 View Post

This bit is gold: "your engine runs more smoother and mileage increases by the steady & complete combustion"
                            That's nothing compared to this re-assurance:

It is not a joke because many buyers tried and approved it.
                            You will believe it if you tried.
                            Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                            Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

I can see how a capacitor or similar device could give you a stronger spark if your battery/alternator isn't quite up to scratch, but really it would be masking a problem rather than 'improving' on anything.

Get a new battery, get your CDI/Ignition up to scratch and you probably wouldn't see a difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X