bikes for big fellas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bikes for big fellas

well im looking at selling the busa to get something that handles a little bit better

however, im a fairly large and heavy fella so a 600cc feels like crap for me and is waaay too small. also i dont really want a 1000cc super sports bike as thats a little too much for me.

was wondering what the collection intelligence of psb would recommend?
    so far i was thinking zx12r but am also thinking cheap so maybe a 750-900cc bike?
    There is no more time, even for cake. For you, the cake is over. You have reached the end of cake.

suzuki boulevard muscle bike
    Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
    Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

IMO the gsxr 750 would seem to be the best compromise. Nimble and still a decent top speed. But the 900 Hornets would be a blast to ride if you want to go naked.
      Alcohol preserves
      ANYTHING
      but Secrets

Comment

If you'll consider going nekkid, sounds like you owe it to yourself to check out the Speed Triple.

From what I hear/read, it should be big enough, more than torquey enough, but not rip-your-heart-out like a thou SS.
        Originally posted by Dragunov-21
        If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyT View Post
          well im looking at selling the busa to get something that handles a little bit better

however, im a fairly large and heavy fella so a 600cc feels like crap for me and is waaay too small. also i dont really want a 1000cc super sports bike as thats a little too much for me.

so far i was thinking zx12r but am also thinking cheap so maybe a 750-900cc bike?

Coming from a Busa it'd be tough going to anything less than a thou i would have thought?

The ZX12r is basically Kwakas answer to the Busa - both land rocket limosines. If you feel teh busa doesn't handle that well i don't see the Zx12r solving you're dilemma.

As mentioned the Speed Triple is definitely a contender for a torquier, bigger bore bike. It sounds like that might be what you're after?? If you wanna stick to Jappas - maybe a Firestorm or a Z1000.... all retail within your budget.

happy shopping
          Last edited by Charlie Dustbin; 02-09-2009, 03:04 PM.
          I conform with non-conformists.

Comment

Buell 1125CR
            Originally posted by Desmo
            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyT View Post

If you also mean large as in tall, try a suzuki v-strom, comes in both 650 and 1000cc. comfy riding, my 650 got no probs with me on top and I'm no Mr Slim.

Comment

Trrumph Daytona 955 there was a guy selling one here recently, depends on how far back you want to go and what you consider cheap but the older sports bikes are a bit larger. Older shape Aprilia RSV or sports tourer like a black bird or viffer 800, ZX9R, 929 fairy blade, Thunder Ace, FZ1.
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

I'm 6"3" and 150kg.

I fit onto my CB1300 just fine.

They have more torque than a Sports bike, but its all down low. Very easy to ride an managable.

Same ergonomics on the XJR & GSX1400

The problem is to get good handling you need to get the weight over the front wheel, which you cant do if you have a gut

So you need to find a bike with the flatest fuel tank to enable you to lean forward.
                  You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

cheers for the suggestions
                    basically, i reckon i can sell the busa for 10k so a little less than that would be budget (need extra for onroad costs etc)

im will go for a 10-12 yr old bike if its in good condition and hasnt done lotsa kms.
                    the zx9r seems pretty good.

also found this daytona: bikesales

im really only interested in getting a fully faired bike tho which is why i dont really want a triple
                    Last edited by BennyT; 02-09-2009, 10:45 AM.
                    There is no more time, even for cake. For you, the cake is over. You have reached the end of cake.

Comment

Road trail dood!!!!

Comment

kwak zrx. Very comfy and handling is actually very good, once you have a play around with suspension. Coming from a busa, you will be pleased to know that the motor can make big power with very little tweaking.

edit : just saw you don't want a naked! disregard.
                        Last edited by Roger Explosion; 02-09-2009, 12:13 PM.
                        Can you help with foster care?
                        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

are they similar to the 1100 blackbird?
                          i didnt really like the feel of those for some reason

found the following also on bikesales:
                          suzuki rf900r
                          honda cbr929 (tho ive never been the biggest fan of hondas)
                          honda cbr929rr
                          honda cbr919rr
                          ducati 900SS IE (current favourite mainly cos its a duc )

opinions on these pls

Comment

ZX7R 'cough'
                            I am 6"2' and 125kgs of pure sports machine and it suits me excelent.
                            There were, are a few for sale here in Perth.
                            900SS ie yep very nairse indeed but it ain't a japanese kinda bike, that's for sure!

Comment

Working...
                            X