Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ducati Factory / Museum, Italy, who's been there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducati Factory / Museum, Italy, who's been there?

G'day Guys and Girls,

An elderly friend of mine is going to Italy on the 16th of this month, i've talked her into doing the Ducati Factory / Museum tour, not that i have been
    there, but interested in any info from those who have, apparently your not allowed to take photo's inside the factory, far enough, you are inside the Museum, dont wont to disappoint her.

cheers.

I'm pretty sure thats right, only photos in the Museum.

Make sure they check opening times, its closed for tours on one of the weekdays.

Definitely worth it though.

Comment

No photos in the factory, but in all honesty, the factory is a bit shit, it's just a production line. I did have my video camera in my lid recording through the visor when we were in there, but they never took us through the big red doors to the "Corse" part of the factory
      The museum is really interesting and well worth a look.
      Our tiny little Italian guide was hot as hell too.
      I'd highly recommend a trip to the Lamborghini factory though, it's amazing, a lot less production line and a lot more passion involved.
      When we rocked up there they gave us free reign of the factory, walking wherever we wanted, looking in and under things, they then shouted us 15 hot, sweaty bikers to lunch and ice cold softies too.
      The Lambo museum is well worth a look.
      Fuck Ferarri, that is all I have to say about them and their museum/factory.

Comment

ain't the Lambo and Duke factorys on the same tour?

Comment

Dunno but in the same area is Mandello Del Lario the museum there is definatly worth a look through by all accounts. Even a stingy arse Scottsman likes visiting there.

Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

[QUOTE=mexican1;1566951]ain't the Lambo and Duke factorys on the same tour?[/Quote}
            Not sure mate. I went down to Italy for WDW 2002 and we spent a few days riding through Italy seeing the sites.
            We did the Lambo and Duke factories on the same day if that helps?

Comment

I did the Lambo tour (pics here: Lamborghini Museum and LP560-4 Photoshoot | Italy ) back in May this year, its only about 20km from Ducati so well worth a visit. No gaurantee you'll get into the factory, but the shop and museum are generally open to the public.
              Automotive & Motorcycle Photographer | http://www.janglovac.com/motorcycle/

www.facebook.com/JanGlovacPhotography

Comment

Ive done the Ducati factory and Museum tour twice...in 2005 & 2006 when I was over there for the Ducati Clubs World Presidents Meeting we got the VIP treatment..........as already said no cameras in factory but allowed in museum well worth a look
                You can book tour online at the www.ducati.com well use to be able too
                DOCWA

Comment

For Gawds sake ring before you go, and learn to speak Italian before you ring. Despite the website/tourism people etc saying it was open we rang ahead and there was a recorded message in Italian saying it was closed for the month (economic downturn thing I think). so close yet so far

Comment

Ah the Italians have thier summer holidays in August, the entire country has them all at once.
                    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                      Fuck Ferarri, that is all I have to say about them and their museum/factory.
                      whats wrong with the Ferrari factory/museum?

Comment

hopefully worth seeing as im srsly considering going to wdw next year
                        Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

My m8 is a Ferrari nut and enjoyed the Ducati factory more, nothing wrong
                          with museum great collection of cars but thats it...
                          Only way you get to go to Ferrari factory is if you buy one...
                          Ducati factory was more hands on yes no photos of the production line
                          but that didnt stop me shooting from the hip, and the museum was mad
                          Awsome experience one of the best part of my trip to Italy

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post
                            whats wrong with the Ferrari factory/museum?
                            After the Ducati factory and the Lambo factory where we were treated like high paying customers, the trip to Ferarri left a bitter taste in our mouths.
                            The museum was ordinary, no factory tours, and just shuffled through like a bunch of tourists at Disneyland, not like enthusiasts.
                            A few other things happened too, but they essentially treated us like a nuisance.

Comment

Benelli's having a factory weekend in 2 weeks, including rides at Misano, includes drinks and strippers by all accounts :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X