Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki ZR750 Zephyr?

Hi All,

Has anybody here ever owned a Kawasaki ZR750 Zephyr? They were made through the 90's, and are based on the styling of the old Z1 900.

I saw a really tidy one the other day and really like it! My other bike purchase possibility (considering my finances and impressions following several test rides of different bikes - GS500, ER5, ER6F, FZ6, SV650S, ZR750 - over the last couple of weeks) is an earlier Suzuki SV650S. Two totally different styles of bike, but both really nice and both at a very friendly price!

This choice of bike will make it my first R-class machine, so I want to get something that will give me the best entry into larger bikes. So the question is, follow my curiosity towards the sportier end (SV650S), or satisfy my retro fetish (Zephyr)? Oh decisions decisions!

Any thoughts on either of these bikes would be much appreciated!

i had a Zephyr 750 as my first big bike. bit on the heavy side, but i really liked it. reliable, would do anything you asked of it and i think they looked pretty good. i even stuck a stone fairing on it and toured it to broome.
    now i have gotten older and my need for speed has subsided (not that it was ever really there) i would even own another one...or maybe the 1100.
    cant comment on the SV650, but i really liked my Zephyr!
    euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

I liked the Zephyrs but i'm abit biased as i have a ZRX1200.

Comment

He he, yeah I was thinking I would put a Stone fairing on it if I bought it... love that film!

I was in a Suzuki shop the other day and saw a ZRX1200... nice looking bike.

Do you guys think that $5k would be too much to spend on a pretty spotless and still shiny 1995 Zephyr with only 10000kms on the clock?

Comment

sounds like a good price especially if it has those low k's on it.

Comment

Hmmm, I might just have to take it for another test ride I think...

Comment

check all the seals on it, esp between the airbox and carbies. but if it been looked after (rather than been left to sit and rot) i would say it an ok price. and they are bullet proof.
              got the spokes or alloy wheels?
              euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

I think the wheels are alloys, but I can't remember 100%. Did you ever ride at night? How's the headlight? Also, are parts ok to come by? I noticed some are available at ZPower.com.au...

Comment

for those k's make sure all controls are nice an tight an responsive, seat hasnt been recovered etc as it may have gone round the clock thats all
                  Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

i have the 550 version.. fantastic bike is all i can say.. it's quite well balanced, i did figure 8s on it to pass my RE license.. but i'm a bit biased as well because i've spent a lot of money on it after buying it.. plus it's got a good top speed for me so i don't go too fast on it

Comment

so what is the top speed lol
                      Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

on paper it's 175 km/h ..

Comment

There was recently a very nice low k's 1100 for sale in Perth. I tried to enquire about it but the guy never answered his phone . From what you are describing, it could be the same one. Low k's and if the picture was accurate, immaculate. Very nice bikes, just a little bit underpowered for it's weight.
                          Can you help with foster care?
                          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Working...
                          X