Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front tyre squeaks

Hello,

I have been riding my ninja 250 for about 9 months and lately whenever i slow down with or without braking the front wheel makes a squeaking noise.

Anyone know what that could be and is it a problem?

Thanks

Sounds like when the forks compress under brakes something is rubbing. Have a looksee for something that's got rub marks under there.
    Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Almost guaranteed, it'll be glazed brake pads.
      Pull the pads out of the caliper and then rub them, face down, on some bricks/concrete. You should be able to see the surface change slightly, and become less shiny. While you've got the pads out you could also put a slight chamfer on the leading edge of each pad, which should also help reduce squeal.

Give that stuff a try and then let us know how it goes. That should be the issue, but if not, there's a couple of other simple things to try.
      Oh, and if that works, it just means you're lightly dragging your brakes a bit too much. You can avoid it by doing some hard braking every now and then.
      FTP

Comment

Reckon? I would have said the same, but it only happens on decell with or without braking BT...
        Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Yeah, I'd say they're probably still making a small amount of contact with the rotor, even when he's (/she's? nah, it's the internet) not on the brakes.
          I'm assuming it's one of the new baby ninjas, so it's unlikely anything else in the front wheel has failed yet.
          FTP

Comment

Ah yeah, point taken, it's a new bike.
            Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Cool, thanks guys.

I'll give that a try.

Comment

Alsoooo.....
                http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...d-noise-89886/
                Insert witty comment here

Comment

so to stop the drag you need to do a couple of hard stops?
                  Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

Working...
                  X