Bikes caught for speeding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bikes caught for speeding?

Hi guys.. maybe i m lucky but most of the time i (and i m sure most of us) will find it hard to keep to the speed limit.. but have u guys get caught much for speeding? is the bike too small to get caught by the speed sensors multinova cameras? or cops don't bother so much if they see a bike speeding? i m pretty curious coz i have not been stop yet for (only sometimes) speeding ever.. thanks for your response
    Last edited by DC*; 06-09-2009, 11:41 AM.

Cops will stop you mutinova's will photo your and they do have rear facing ones, of course very few of us from PSB get caught because we are all model road users and follows the rules .
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

I could give you the answer, or you could test it out by doing a high speed second lap next time you pass a rear-facing camera...

Comment

I never do anything against the law. I am an angel.
        Repent mother fuckers
        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
        (anarchy in english )

Comment

I'm Living the dream. Really I am.

Comment

Most of the fines I've had in the last few years have been in work vehicles. Only had two on the bike, one contrary to a no entry, the prick was parked waiting for ppl to do it in a common spot just off canning hwy at peak hour and the other was 50 odd in a school zone by a bike cop one morning on the way to work. I think you're right though it's not as easy to catch a bike, but with these bloody rear facing cameras I guess they're getting smarter.

Comment

I've only been flashed from the front of the bike once on the freeway - so no fine (yet). Now that I think about it, I haven't seen a mobile rear facer anywhere in Perth.. anyone know which areas they "usually" place them?
              Everyone loves YUT-UUUGGGHHH

Comment

I've seen one rear facer in my life but it was in the process of being set up(thank fuck), I've never been caught for speeding and i do a solid 20/30 over ALL the time. I try to keep it *just* under 30 over because the fines and demerits get much bigger after that. This is after a good two years on the road(touch wood). I think I am a lot more vigilant than most and always looking out for pigs and tax collectors however.

The only time cops have stopped me is caus I never wear my P plates(this practice has saved me more than it has cost me) and if I'm doing something ridiculous. Never even been pulled up for a RBT(although I have been made to do one after being pulled up for something else, which is where not wearing P plates saved my arse).

I know people no where near as bad as me that have lost their licences far quicker, they seem to think I'm lucky, but I just think I look out for trouble much more than most. I must admit it is a major PITA and being so vigilant takes away from the driving/riding experience a lot.

Comment

I see them often, but I know where they place the cameras on my roads, so am always ready with the slow down, just have to be more watchful in unkown areas.

Polony I would not be boasting that you ride at that sort of speed over the limit, your licence time is limited I'd say

Comment

forget about those rear faceing cameras the ones they are useing now take a photo both ways and will park them within 100 meters of a speed change sign like 90 down to 70 i know i have been done 79 within 100 meters of the sign

Comment

Originally posted by aussieman View Post
                      forget about those rear faceing cameras the ones they are useing now take a photo both ways and will park them within 100 meters of a speed change sign like 90 down to 70 i know i have been done 79 within 100 meters of the sign

...and you know this how?

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

I have a bit of a lead foot in cars and have lost lic numerous times for it, and i dont seem to be much better on the bike.
                        But i havent had a speeding fine in nearly 4 years now, its mainly cos 90% of my driving is on the same roads and i'm a bit of a creature of habit and take the same route to the places i usually go all the time so i know where cops like to set up cameras and hide with handhelds. So when i am approcahing said areas i will speed check before i am even close.
                        B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by aussieman View Post
                          i have heard from a few reputable sources before thats cops r not allowed to set up cameras and such within 100mtr either side of a change of speed sign.
                          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by DC* View Post
                            Hi guys.. maybe i m lucky but most of the time i (and i m sure most of us) will find it hard to keep to the speed limit.. but have u guys get caught much for speeding?
                            I honestly do not know what licence I am on.
                            My 4th I think.

or cops don't bother so much if they see a bike speeding?
                            olo

i m pretty curious coz i have not been stop yet for (sometimes) speeding ever.. thanks for your response
                            You will now get done within a week, just so you feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by polony View Post
                              I've seen one rear facer in my life but it was in the process of being set up(thank fuck), I've never been caught for speeding and i do a solid 20/30 over ALL the time. I try to keep it *just* under 30 over because the fines and demerits get much bigger after that. This is after a good two years on the road(touch wood). I think I am a lot more vigilant than most and always looking out for pigs and tax collectors however.

The only time cops have stopped me is caus I never wear my P plates(this practice has saved me more than it has cost me) and if I'm doing something ridiculous. Never even been pulled up for a RBT(although I have been made to do one after being pulled up for something else, which is where not wearing P plates saved my arse).

I know people no where near as bad as me that have lost their licences far quicker, they seem to think I'm lucky, but I just think I look out for trouble much more than most. I must admit it is a major PITA and being so vigilant takes away from the driving/riding experience a lot.
                              I just love people who declare they have their speeding fucking sussed
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                              X