Trail Riding anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Riding anyone ?

Still banned, but have decided when i return to licence'em, i need to take it easy for a while ( still got 6 points ). So else where in here i'm slowly building a track bike, and now have a trail bike. XR400R ( ex-police, of all things ! :o) is my weapon of choice ( almost no experience in off roading, so this leaner friendly baby is top ). When speaking to bike shop owners, all i get is, tracks are everywhere...just go find 'em. As you can imagine this isn't helping, so does anyone here go for short rides or cross state hops, or maybe someone could point me in a helpful direction of like minded people or places. Bike is licenced but as i'm not getting about is limited for now
    Wheel Up, Knee Down

Two mates and I are going riding on Wednesday, we are putting the bikes on the trailer and heading off down Brookton Hwy mid morning. Two crf450x and ktm exc450 (all lic) a well known spot, well suited to the xr. pm me if you would like to join or want directions.
    sigpic

Comment

thanks mate, got to work on wed...but wouldn't mind direction's if thats ok. Hopefully could meet up at some point.
      Wheel Up, Knee Down

Comment

when im better can take you bush bashing
        Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

pm sent
          sigpic

Comment

I am in the same boat 2wheels. I have a TT250 and I am looking for some good places. I was thinking of planning a trip over 2days Saturday till Sunday in a month or so but I do not know any trails.

Comment

All I can say is bikes, trailer, Roadtrip...
              To Geraldton!
              I've got some good loops that I'm about to mark out, then all i'll need is more people to share them with.

Come and join me
              Just about anytime. I'll be ready
              Alcohol preserves
              ANYTHING
              but Secrets

Comment

i know some good spots (shown to me by baxter) about 40k from the city and wont piss anyone off. there is a circut and lots of enduro type trails and an open area for fangin through the mud and dam skipping
                IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

its just cause im so nice there are plenty of other places to go around that area its all depdant of what sort of surface yourd prefer to ride on sand gravel or mud, the easiest way it to look on google earth find some likley looking spots and spend a weekend exploring them
                  A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Comment

naaww I hate you guys

couple more months and i may be ready to hit the trails.

still on crutches atm
                    Originally posted by Amac
                    suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

I'll be watching this thread closely as i'm in the same situation. New to trail riding and only options i know of at the moment are 2 or 3 properties that friends and family own down South, and even then i don't want to be annoying them by buzzing around their land.

Comment

Probably mid next month I'll organize another dirt weekend at one of my favorite spots just have to get the missus on driving duties as my licence will be on a bit of a holiday at that stage
                        A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Comment

Hey mate I'm on the lookout for an XR400, where did you get an ex-police one? Auction i guess?
                          Soon as I find one I can afford, I'll be in the same boat: looking for trails and practice rides to get my experience up for long-distance travel...
                          "No machine has a soul until a man shares his own with it."

Comment

People won't post up tracks because of the same reason they won't post up good roads, don't want to let the powers that be know what is going on. The place that 2 Wheel Focus is talking about is my favourite around Perth but has been getting busier since the ranger clampdown on Bartons Mill. There are lots of tracks around but they are usually only spread by word of mouth. Check out the trail and enduro club website if you want to know where to go.
                            There is also a beginner friendly enduro coming up in Capel that I can highly recommend.
                            Milk, milk, lemonade, round the corner Adelaide

Comment

check out perthtrailscene.com they are a pretty friendly bunch and usually have regular open invite rides on rego'd and unlic bikes.
                              Basically if ur north you have Alkimos for dunes and sand etc, Gnangara Pines for legal riding but way to many nut cases out there and u take ur life in ur own hands.
                              Not to sure of many other places north as i dont go that way much.
                              South for legal riding u have Thomas Rd ORV area down rockingham. If u r on a rego'd bike u can go down any gazetted road legally so long as it sign posted. Apart from that the hills r all illegal to ride in well the single track is anyway.

Avoid the old prison site at Barton Mills like the plauge its shit, its just a dumping ground for bogans with stolen cars. plus the riding in the area is very very average combine that with the rangers frequent crack downs on the area it not worth it.
                              Further up Brookton hwy you have Metro rd, IMO the best place to ride hundreds of tracks, loads of diffrent terrain from flat open track to tight winding single track to gnarly wheel destroyin rocky hill climbs. To the RHS of metro rd is water catchment so this is a defiante no go zone but the LHS is national park still illegal but kinda has a blind eye turned to riding there. Thats not to say u wont get a fine if ur caught there tho it just doesnt seem to be enforced. I think mainy cos the rangers that frequent the area are WaterCorp rangers so they r only concerned about ppl in the catchment.

Up greenmount hill past Lakes Rd house is pretty good, heaps of open area, no one around and some very very fun tracks as it used to be used for enduro racing i am told.

I recommend you go into DPI and get off road rego for ur bike, u dont need a lic or have to run the lic plate on ur bike and only cost $12.
                              This way you have proof of ownership of the bike as without it the ranger has it within his power to confiscate ur bike on the spot if u cant prove ownership. Also if u dont act like a complete dick to the ranger they may be lenient on you as you can plead ignorance "but i have off road rego, i thought that ment i could ride here.
                              B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Working...
                              X