Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX6R 1998 - Warped Rotors.

Hey all,

Earlier this week I noticed that my bike (ZX6R 1998) shudders when applying the front brakes, especially at low speeds.

I just got off the phone with my mechanic and it seems that the front rotors on my bike are warped.

I've found these ones online.

I've had a quick read of the relevant threads on rotors for my model bike, but couldn't really see any specific brand/cost information. Are the above rotors a good model at a good price for ~660 AUD shipped? Ebay seems to have some really low cost chinese no-name options. I take it they are not a good idea?

Cheers!
    Rami

Check out my Blog!

lol.
    Shame you didnt get in on Dubs group buy....

but higher quality comes with a price.
    IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Too much heavy braking would be my guess. Probably getting a bit thin, too.
      2006 Yamaha R1SP;
      In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
      Amen, brother. Amen.
      My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA
        what happend to the rotors?
        Originally posted by Hornet View Post
        Too much heavy braking would be my guess. Probably getting a bit thin, too.
        I'm not sure as of yet. But I think the rotors have been warped since I bought it ~2 weeks ago.

I just got a quote from S3 Performance Parts:

Originally posted by S3 Performance Parts
        Hi there, the part number you require is DBFFZX698. They are $139.95 each and postage for both to 6009 will be $11.95. Total cost $291.85
        Not bad at all it seems. Thanks for the recommendation, it's quite a good price considering I was looking at 650 bucks for EBC's.

Cheers!
        Rami

Check out my Blog!

Comment

Originally posted by ramiruhayel View Post
          I'm not sure as of yet. But I think the rotors have been warped since I bought it ~2 weeks ago.

I just got a quote from S3 Performance Parts:

Not bad at all it seems. Thanks for the recommendation, it's quite a good price considering I was looking at 650 bucks for EBC's.

Cheers!
          Congrats on the new (old) bike! What happened to your cbr250??

Comment

Get over it.

Back on topic.
            Originally posted by Red_is_Best
            hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Im over it!!!

Get bike home, check run out on both disc's..
              Cant see both being warped...

Comment

Originally posted by Emily View Post
                Congrats on the new (old) bike! What happened to your cbr250??
                Thanks Emily I sold the CBR250RR to some dude about a week ago, then bought the ZX6R to prep up for my R class!

How long to go till your R's? I haven't seen you around at the last few LNR's that I've been on, are you coming out on the next one?
                Rami

Check out my Blog!

Comment

I cant go on LNR's because I work nights So all my rides are solo atm. I WILL however, be marshalling on MAD ride, and am soo excited about it! ^_^ Hopefully will see you thar? Anyway, I'll stop getting off topic, goodluck with R class and getting some brake discs! (sorry Fastgirl :s)

Comment

Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Emily View Post
                      I cant go on LNR's because I work nights So all my rides are solo atm. I WILL however, be marshalling on MAD ride, and am soo excited about it! ^_^ Hopefully will see you thar? Anyway, I'll stop getting off topic, goodluck with R class and getting some brake discs! (sorry Fastgirl :s)
                      Yeah, I'll be coming along for the MAD ride for sure, I'll make sure I say 'Hai'. Re: getting off topic, something tells me it's not you that she's talking about

I'll probably come along on the Spada as the discs have a lead time of 4-6 weeks :S

Cheers!
                      Rami

Check out my Blog!

Comment

So what you're saying is that they are warped?

Comment

Working...
                        X