Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducati 848 rrp

Hey guys,

Well I'm 2 days till I'm off my R-dates, Stupid me spent it on a Ducati now feel I couldn't bring myself to not have one.

Funny thing is I'm in a position to obtain the bike that I saw and instantly fell in love with. They say it's a lady in red but mines an 848 in white. I feel these opportunity's are rare and don't keep coming so I should just do it.

Anyhow to the point. The ride away price is advertised just shy of 24g, with the economic situation and Japanese bike dealers doing all they can to punch the bang for buck level.

Can I expect any form of discount on the rrp to ride her out of the Ducati dealer?

Any new 848 owners would be awesome to her from you.

Cheers.

Post up how you go...

Doubt you will get any movement on the price, might
    get some extras thrown in though...

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
      Doubt you will get any movement on the price, might
      get some extras thrown in though...
      Try for an Ohlins Damper

Comment

Bikes have a pretty slim margin (around 12%) so I'd push more for getting gear included as it can have a markup of 60% or more.
        EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Gear as in for extra's for the bike? Or myself?

I do need to re-kit myself the gear I have is now 2yrs old. But for anyone that's walked into a Ducati dealer notices the markup on the shelved gear instantly.
          I'm obviously mad buying a 24g 2nd bike but I'm not nuts enough to buy a helmet from a Ducati store knowing what discount I get will probably only bring it to rrp.

Rino you recommend Ohlins Damper? Any exp with it? looks like it's around the $600 us mark with a few cheaper kits out there.

Comment

anything with ohlins on it is generally good

what they were saying was try to get stuff thrown in for free
            Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

No experience with them but it'll probably be my next purchase.

To be honest I wouldn't think you'd get much thrown in mate. You've bought into an empty wallet. Couple of hundy if you're lucky which doesn't amount to too much in a Ducati shop.

If I was going to try and work something into the deal, I'd go for stuff like:
              - 14 tooth front sprocket - fitted (at the very least, good mod for the 848)
              - tank pad (that'll scratch up real nice without one)

Or 50% of these..? Just bought some, they're nice But at $450rrp you'd be lucky to have them chucked in. Worth a crack though.
              Still reckon simple 'small' stuff like the sprocket and tank pad would be the go at the very least.

I got a rear stand thrown in but that was over the common debacle of a fluctuating trade-in figure.

Wouldn't give any of it up though.

EDIT: Or flick through their accessories / apparel books and point randomly until they say 'OK'

GL
              Last edited by Rhino; 08-09-2009, 08:42 PM.

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

what u get thrown in depends on where u buy it - go down to Wayne Patterson in bunbury and see what he will do. i think you'll find him pretty generous.

Comment

Big thanks to rhino and qm 848 for the pm, alot of great info. Cheers

Cheers for the offer tin tin, from what I've heard the secondhand 848's are moving like hotcakes so moving her wont be a problem. I'd prefer to get it from Adelaide but I may look at the interstate option depends how the dealing pan out.

Never owned a band new vehicle/bike what's the run in k's req before you can stop babying her? Secondhand might negate the need for it + the additional extra's already on her.

Comment

I wouldn't stress about break in riding mate.

My 749 was a shop demo bike and the staff had used it for 2 or 3 track days. It was all good.

If you are concerned about it, the best riding would be up in the hills where you're on and off the throttle and up and down gears more often. Or go on a group ride and just hang up the back.
                      - Less thinking about breaking it in and more enjoying it!

The only thing I would do if you buy a new one is change the oil after a couple of hundred. Prior to the first service. Some shops might get a bit ansy over that so you might want to check with them.

Comment

My riding skills will probably mean I'll never ride her anywhere near it's potential let alone beyond run in riding

I already have a pretty good relationship with the Ducati Adelaide guys, they were awesome from the beginning. I'm sure an oil change will be fine.
                        That may be the hardest part not pulling it apart, maintenance is half the fun. But The computer plug in maintenance will obviously be well beyond me.

I tried to get a demo model but the last one was long gone, no idea when there may be another one up for grabs.

Comment

I've got a mate in Adelaide who got his 848 about 3 months ago. I could try and hook you two up if you're interested. PM me if you want. He's also in the Ducati Owners Club - seems to be an OK group.
                          aka Matt
                          RB 2 11

Comment

Originally posted by bograt View Post
                            I've got a mate in Adelaide who got his 848 about 3 months ago. I could try and hook you two up if you're interested. PM me if you want. He's also in the Ducati Owners Club - seems to be an OK group.
                            That would be awesome, but I'm on a plane tomorrow, unexpected work trip. I will pm you when I get back.

Cheers mate.

Comment

Working...
                            X