Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US police reports

I plagiarised these from a busa forum.
    I ike the detail in the police reports of the incident mainly, I think it could be useful here.

The lady on the bike got a broken arm and leg, hers is the red ninja 250 hubby's is the blue one.

Dubs
    Attached Files

Yeah thats quite detailed. Got all the exact distances written down and a diagram aswell.
    ZippySig.com

Comment

Wow thats excellent.

Completely opposite of what we see here.

Comment

Thats why they shoot 1st, ask questions later. Hate doing all that paperwork.

"He threatened me, so I shot the perp."
        Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

The problem here in Australia is the police rely on Joe Public to write out the report unles it's called in as serious or fatal. In the above case it certainly looks like the police (Colorado State Patrol) wrote the report which is why it looks so professional, and I dare say that you'll find the Aussie cops do a similar job of their reports.
          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
          In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
          Amen, brother. Amen.
          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Shit....Thats what I used to do for a living in the states.
            Only difference would be we were required to check what vehicle #1's speed as well.
            Because he left yew marks we could use those to determine the speed of the vehicle.

If you guys ever have a question about traffic crashes just ask.
            Originally posted by Jamathi
            I might be a "Racist"
            Edited for clarity.

Comment

Riders body was 99 feet from the impact point..... That is not too shabby... Least they didn't say it was arm 35 feet, toe 15 feet, eyeball 98 feet...

Trying to id the bike.... looks like an older 12?
              soon to be on the dirt...

Comment

or it could be a 250 ninja

Dubs

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs View Post
                  or it could be a 250 ninja

Dubs
                  Perhaps was a 250 ninja is more appropriate?, even the early 12's didn't have a rear tyre that skinny.
                  Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by OSP1340 View Post
                    Shit....Thats what I used to do for a living in the states.
                    Only difference would be we were required to check what vehicle #1's speed as well.
                    Because he left yew marks we could use those to determine the speed of the vehicle.

If you guys ever have a question about traffic crashes just ask.
                    I've got a question, the mrs was in a prang late last year, on hodges heading north at the hepburn lights. we we're in the final car of the three. it was a charade in front, a honda vrx in the middle or similar, and us in a vitara at the back. it had been drizzling but we had plenty of space for cruising along at 70.
                    anyways the honda had hit anchors hard ahead and so did the mrs, locked up and slid for ages and eventually came to a halt with a bump i could have given each of the cars.
                    obviously we couldnt see the charade in the front so "we can't be sure" she didnt hit the charade first.
                    BUT
                    we we're still hard up against the honda and hadnt seperated.
                    the damage to our car was just the brackets around the grill between the headlights a few were cracked, no broken glass or anything like that.
                    the damage between the charade and the honda was much different.
                    charades ass caved in, hondas bonnet crumpled and radiator pissing fluid.

we bitched moaned danced and fucked around with fuckass insurance company (not sure if im allowed to mention / slander insurance companies on forum) cause they decided that she was not insurable anymore but didnt notify or stop charging us until the policy was up for not-able-to-renewal.

the bird in the middle did not have insurance and her and the dickhead in front hung round colluding with the rest of her swarming family who turned up in droves fingerpointing. we left because there was 5/8ths of fuck all wrong with our car and theirs needed tows. which is probably our mistake now cause we're sure there was colluding going on while we were gone to protect the stupid bitches wallet.

so said insurance company comes back to us with the *TWO BUMP RULE* which coincides with *BACK CARS FUCKED*. and somehow the concocted story of these two clans is better than physics and force transfer...?!?!?

how can (for instance, i have no idea on force reuired for damage)
                    100lb of force become 1000lb of force in the *second* transfer. Newton says no. the middle car would absorb and transfer not amplify.

or am i way off target?

Thanks man

Comment

looks like a three year old drew it, or is that just me? and yes that bike is totally fucked how did the rider survive that????
                      Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                      Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                      In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                      Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                      And forgive us our lanesplitting
                      As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                      And lead us not into gravel corners
                      But deliver us from hand-held radars
                      For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                      Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Originally posted by burlyoaf View Post
                        I've got a question, the mrs was in a prang late last year, on hodges heading north at the hepburn lights. we we're in the final car of the three. it was a charade in front, a honda vrx in the middle or similar, and us in a vitara at the back. it had been drizzling but we had plenty of space for cruising along at 70.
                        anyways the honda had hit anchors hard ahead and so did the mrs, locked up and slid for ages and eventually came to a halt with a bump i could have given each of the cars.
                        obviously we couldnt see the charade in the front so "we can't be sure" she didnt hit the charade first.
                        BUT
                        we we're still hard up against the honda and hadnt seperated.
                        the damage to our car was just the brackets around the grill between the headlights a few were cracked, no broken glass or anything like that.
                        the damage between the charade and the honda was much different.
                        charades ass caved in, hondas bonnet crumpled and radiator pissing fluid.

we bitched moaned danced and fucked around with fuckass insurance company (not sure if im allowed to mention / slander insurance companies on forum) cause they decided that she was not insurable anymore but didnt notify or stop charging us until the policy was up for not-able-to-renewal.

the bird in the middle did not have insurance and her and the dickhead in front hung round colluding with the rest of her swarming family who turned up in droves fingerpointing. we left because there was 5/8ths of fuck all wrong with our car and theirs needed tows. which is probably our mistake now cause we're sure there was colluding going on while we were gone to protect the stupid bitches wallet.

so said insurance company comes back to us with the *TWO BUMP RULE* which coincides with *BACK CARS FUCKED*. and somehow the concocted story of these two clans is better than physics and force transfer...?!?!?

how can (for instance, i have no idea on force reuired for damage)
                        100lb of force become 1000lb of force in the *second* transfer. Newton says no. the middle car would absorb and transfer not amplify.

or am i way off target?

Thanks man
                        There are several factors we have to look at first.

What was your following distance just before you started to brake?

How much tread was on your tires? (tire pressure is looked at also, makes a difference)

Was it the first rain since a while? (oils on road are worse during first rain)

Weight of your vehicle & second vehicle is looked at also.

And no the force is not increased. As the force of your vehicle hitting the second vehicle some of this force is absorbed and some is transfered. Alot of this depends on your speed and weight of your vehicle.

One of the best things I can tell you guys is get pictures and lots of them.

If you get good pics of the crash you could just about do a recon job of it.

Send me a pm if you guys need any help if a crash becomes a court issue.

Scott
                        OSP1340
                        Originally posted by Jamathi
                        I might be a "Racist"
                        Edited for clarity.

Comment

Working...
                        X