Hydraulic bike lifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic bike lifter

I'm looking at buying a hydraulic bike lifter, preferably air operated. Does anyone have any recommendations? Would prefer to buy a quality product. Any help would be great...Cheers.

Hydraulic = Fluid
    Air = Pneumatic

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

once you cot one you wonder how you ever did without one.
        Hydraulic = long lasting and easy to replace a seal/oil.
        No need for a big arsed tank compressor either and no airlines!

I have got an electric one as well that doubles as a work bench which is just so handy to put the fairingpanels safely aside.
        Last edited by Jamathi; 09-09-2009, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
          Hydraulic = Fluid
          Air = Pneumatic
          Yeah, but you can get bike lifts where the hydraulic pump is operated by air, rather than having to pump it up by foot.
          I know there's a few guys on here with decent bike lifts. I'm sure they'll chime in soon.
          FTP

Comment

Cheers, Jamathi. I have a compressor so wasn't sure the best way to go...

Comment

Thanks big Tim, thats exactly what I was looking for, have seen a few air/hydraulic models just not sure about quality

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
                Yeah, but you can get bike lifts where the hydraulic pump is operated by air, rather than having to pump it up by foot.
                I know there's a few guys on here with decent bike lifts. I'm sure they'll chime in soon.
                Oh righto

Cool

Comment

TUFFLIFT HOISTS - Heavy duty Motorbike hoists

Great unit. I have one, but they are pricey.

Unit comes with removable tail section.(Removed in photo on site)

Get the Black Jack as well. Real useful!
                  Last edited by elliott5; 09-09-2009, 01:18 PM. Reason: More info.
                  Two's company, three's a race!

sigpic

Comment

Handy Industries Online Store

Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamathi View Post
                      once you cot one you wonder how you ever did without one.
                      Hydraulic = long lasting and easy to replace a seal/oil.
                      No need for a big arsed tank compressor either and no airlines!

I have got an electric one as well that doubles as a work bench which is just so handy to put the fairingpanels safely aside.

I have one of these I got from the east, I ordered it with the std hyd ram as well as the air over hydraulic ram.

I've had a couple of Harleys on it and it has been okay, although you know it's got a bit of weight on it.
                      but for everything else, it's fine. not as sturdy as the pro type ones but way cheaper.

I just recently converted it to the air over hydraulic which works fine but my little el cheapo compressor is too small to run it properly. But it still works okay, just sucks the little fucker dry pretty quick. Then it takes a while from there.
                      I'd go with the foot pump if I were you, you don't need to worry about tripping over the air line and shit.

Malz sell these now so i'd be talking to them.

Same as Jamathi. It's like ratchet spanners, once you have one, you will never know how you survived until now without it.
                      CAUTION: ATTEMPTING TO OVERTAKE THIS VEHICLE MAY RESULT IN A HIGH SPEED WHEELIE

Comment

Thanks for all your help guy's. looks like i'll go for a tuff lift. About $ 1,800 delivered to Perth. Pricey but looks like good quality.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by elliott5 View Post
                          TUFFLIFT HOISTS - Heavy duty Motorbike hoists

Great unit. I have one, but they are pricey.

Unit comes with removable tail section.(Removed in photo on site)

Get the Black Jack as well. Real useful!

Hell Yeah!!

Pro twin use them...

Not to badly priced either, considering the amount of times I seen
                          Justin and Steve actuate the stands the are very reliable...

Might get me one!!!

Comment

I've got one for the cheapo ones pictured except mine is a bit shorter. Wasn't an issue with the race bike butit's far too short for my motard. I'll have to look at extending it or sell it and get the longer one.
                            EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Ive had a yellow version of the red lift posted.

Not a bad lift for the price, solid, well built .... but im lazy and wanted the other one.
                              Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Working...
                              X