Geraldton to perth on a crf450x!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geraldton to perth on a crf450x!!!

this is something im gunna have to attempt soon so i can check out some rentals for my move in october.

ive got a 450x motarded running 15/44 gearing i think. already have a long range tank that came with the bike. i think i might drop another couple of teeth on the back and ill be right.

apart from the fact my arse will be extremely numb....can anyone see a problem with doing this???. if the bikes serviced and valves are adjusted i think it should be sweet.

cheers, ned

Just do it.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Good luck, riding with someone? Rode from Kal to Southern Cross on TS250X with a mate who had an XR250 once.

Once.

By gearing up yourbike might make it cruise better but you are making sacrifices everywhere else.

Allow plenty of time and take breaks.
      You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?

Comment

Fuk- 400kms on a crfx, I run 13 / 51 and it is screaming at 130kms. That is one oil & filter change per trip. Good luck. A supermotard may be different. I would not do it on my bike.
        sigpic

Comment

full throttle at current gearing is about 145kmh, will wind out to 150 after a bit.

yeh i realise i will loose acceleration...but its got plenty of that right now haha so it wont be too bad. plus, i aint going down to have fun...strictly business haha.

but yeh, with my current serivce periods of 300kms technically i should do it on the way down hahaha but i wont. filter and oils once i get there and again before i leave depending on how many ks i do in perth of course.

yeh i figure as long as i stop every 100kms or so, and not try and rush it i should be sweet.
          should make a dvd player mount for the handlebars ahahah...JOKES!!!

EDIT: no, it will be a solo trip unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Aphex View Post
            Just do it.
            Agreed... it's not about the destination, moreso how you get there!

Give you something to tell your grand kids about...
            sigpic

Comment

You'll be fine mate. sore arse...yeah, but just do it.
              Originally posted by Amac
              suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

i reckon it would be a great ride! the bike should look after you!
                I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Comment

Fuck it dude, go for it. 400kms isn't that bad.

Be sure to let us know when you are coming down and you can come out with the perth motard crew. Not that you'll really want to ride much after that haul. You can use my garage/tools to do an oil change while you are here if you want. We've just started getting a regular crew together so you'll have to come out when you are settled in.

Cheers
                  Josh
                  EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

fuck it...im gunna do it. be dammed with the consequences haha.

ApatheticEnd, greatly appreciate the genourosity. i will prob be down a few nights so a good dose of hooliganism might be the trick to destress from the headaches of house hunting haha.

Comment

Get yourself a Lambs wool skin/rug for the seat doesn't have to be taylored just a basic wool skin from a Ugg boot type shop, staves off numb bum for a bit longer.
                      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

yep, thats what i was thinking haha...but just about anything would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by branchi View Post
                          Give you something to tell your grand kids about...
                          Dude, it's 400 kays, not storming Gallipoli.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                            Dude, it's 400 kays, not storming Gallipoli.
                            OMG LOL

That's hilarious
                            Originally posted by Amac
                            suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

I was thinking about doing Perth to Geraldton on my GSXR, going to mandurah almost killed me. Might have to condition myself a bit first.

Comment

Working...
                              X