I finally got the blade down the strip tonight
    and was lucky enough to take out 2nd for the reaction time and
    scored $150 and ran 11.34
    Not bad for a first time..

Not a bad run mate, well done.

Ill head out there soon hopefully.
    ZippySig.com

Comment

nice!! 150 bucks is a great way to justify goin again.

(Ps, does any one no if last weeks meet was officially cancelled??)
      The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

na it did rain a little but racing whent on

Comment

no offence but arent the 954's a 10 sec bike? with a good ration time shouldnt it be lower

Comment

Originally posted by gengo View Post
            no offence but arent the 954's a 10 sec bike? with a good ration time shouldnt it be lower
            It was his first time. With some practice, I'm sure the times will get lower.
            How many times have you been to the drags gengo? Gotten 100% out of your bike on the first go?

Congrats K_B, I'm hoping to get my 400 back down there in the near future. ^_^

Comment

Anyone heading down tomorrow?
              Originally posted by Desmo
              Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by gengo View Post
                Yeah mate its tough to get anywhere near a bikes max potential run straight up, if ever. But practice definitely helps. Also reaction time has nothing to do with the the ET at the finish line.

Awesome to go down and run low numbers and take home some $$$ cant ask for much more than that .

Comment

Originally posted by Deny-It View Post
                  Yeah mate its tough to get anywhere near a bikes max potential run straight up, if ever. But practice definitely helps. Also reaction time has nothing to do with the the ET at the finish line.

Awesome to go down and run low numbers and take home some $$$ cant ask for much more than that .
                  Yeh I must admit I havent tried yet but always thought that with my experience I would get into the high 10s but seeing that the reaction time was that good and it still had another second up its sleeve there must be time lost in other important areas.

Comment

i think makes a huge difference if the rider is light!!

best time i got the only night i went on my 600 was 12.46... but i am 110kg's aswell

Comment

Originally posted by GenocidE View Post
                      i think makes a huge difference if the rider is light!!

best time i got the only night i went on my 600 was 12.46... but i am 110kg's aswell

Power/weight ratio....

12.46s pretty good IMHO...

Comment

Just to clear up the relationship of RT to ET..
                        RT (reaction time) is the time it takes from the green light coming on to your vehicle leaving the start line i.e. the two beams your front wheel breaks to bring on the staging lights are re-made.
                        ET (elapsed time) is the time it takes from when the start line beams are re-made until the finnish line beam is broken.
                        This means that if you add your RT to your ET you will have the total time of your pass.
                        If for instance your ET and your opponents ET are the same and your RT is lower than your opponents you will win the race. That is how you can also win on a "Holeshot" which is when your opponents ET is faster than yours but your RT is lower than theirs by a larger margin i.e. 10.10 ET with a .010 RT (total pass 10.110 sec) will beat a 9.90 ET with a .250 RT (total pass 10.150 sec)
                        Geddit??
                        RR VRT #100
                        Sponsors Wanted.
                        Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                        A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

how about a 15.1 ET with a 2 RT?

That would be me!!!

Comment

Aye Robwas, RT only counts when racing someone. If your going for your best at a non comp event best to ditch the lights and go when your ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Deny-It View Post
                              Aye Robwas, RT only counts when racing someone. If your going for your best at a non comp event best to ditch the lights and go when your ready.
                              Agreed but even on your own most people want to do the best they can and RT is part of drag racing.
                              Each to their own on Wednesdays.
                              RR VRT #100
                              Sponsors Wanted.
                              Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                              A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Working...
                              X