Praise where it is Due...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise where it is Due...

Now I know we have threads about 'Naming and Shaming' we have threads where we 'Spotted' eachother, but I was thinking about a thread where we give the praise that people deserve.

The reason I thought this was appropriate was that I do see idiots on the road, I have had close calls, but then coming home from work the other day I spotted a work ute, driven by a Teen 'P' plater who did everything right.

He kept a nice steady position on the road, he was well aware of his surroundings, indicated and looked before changing lanes, merged properly. I couldn't fault his driving.

Now I didn't think to get his rego number, but I kept thinking about how well he drove, and obviously it stood out from the crowd.

So I am posting this here, I hope the 'Gods' know who he is, and that he gets suitable positive Karma.

So I suspect the number of posts here will be less than the Name and Shame, but I just thought it might be a place to start some positive feedback.
    Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Following a cage a while back, when a truck (~8 tonne?) pulls out in front of both us. Cage driver almost locks up the Corolla, I nearly have to E-stop. Truckie definitely looked at both of us before pulling out.

Next set of lights the cage moves left in the left lane so I can filter up between the two of them, and the old guy driving the cage winds his window down so we can have a chat abusing the truck driver, then he says "Saw you coming back there, I miss riding these days. Off you go Son (doesn't know I'm nearly 50 ), ride safe."

Just wish there were more like him on the road.
    aka Matt
    RB 2 11

Comment

I have had so many people move out of my way while I'm splitting. Its either the fear of getting their mirrors knocked off by the XL handle bars or just consideration, whatever it is, thanks to those cage drivers.

Comment

Monday or Tuesday this week, Roe Hwy before the Bypass-White delivery van two stickers in the back (Motorcycle Aware Driver and M.A.D). Top bloke watching for me along the way, good distances behind me and made way for me when I filtered at the Bypass.

A good thread Gryphen...

Comment

Thanks Retro, and everybody else posting and reading.

I just like to think that we often gripe about people, sometimes it'd be nice to read about the good ones... The Good News thread so to speak.

I also like the fact that people here have taken the time to recognise and praise the good drivers.

Comment

I'd like to use this thread to give a shout out to my partner. Ever since we started going out, she said that shes taken much better care on the road looking out for motorbikes - something she said she never did before. Thank you!
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure we should be giving kudos for what should be routine. People should behave in a civil manner toward each other all the time. The name and shame gets the idea because being a fucktard isn't normal.
              Even getting out and helping someone out shouldn't be exceptional behaviour.
              ....enough ranting.
              im a holding, stroking, loving machine...also spanking

Comment

Dyno in the current situation on our roads.. being a fucktard is Normal, it is these drivers doing the right thing that are rare.

And whether these drivers hear about the kudos or not is immaterial, I'm a great beleiver in Karma, and so I hope that their positive driving behaviours brings them more positive reinforcement.

You've heard of Negative re-inforcement and Positive re-inforcement (Carrot and Stick) well this is just a bit of Carrot with no stick.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm No Superman View Post
                  I have had so many people move out of my way while I'm splitting. Its either the fear of getting their mirrors knocked off by the XL handle bars or just consideration, whatever it is, thanks to those cage drivers.
                  +23

Comment

great idea gryphen i have had many a cager move over for me when splitting and i always give em thumbs up. its good to have a post focussing on the good people do rather than ranting and talking about other riders dying all the time not to good for the rider moral eh......
                    Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                    Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                    In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                    Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                    And forgive us our lanesplitting
                    As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                    And lead us not into gravel corners
                    But deliver us from hand-held radars
                    For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                    Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

^^yup this too^^^

plus all those drivers whom cut me off, and then realise and acctually make a real effort to gesure an appology.

i appreciate it (thinking u may look twice next time), and you get to keep ur mirror
                      The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

I'm getting it more and more that people just move over for you...and more people are noticing bikes approaching. Still the bad out there but little rays of hope are always good.

Comment

And the more the good get recognised maybe more awareness... maybe not, but here's hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom V. View Post
                            I'd like to use this thread to give a shout out to my partner. Ever since we started going out, she said that shes taken much better care on the road looking out for motorbikes - something she said she never did before. Thank you!
                            Wish my wife would do the same, she nearly "Accidently" run me off the road the other week... i'm putting her in the name n shame thread...
                            Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, but glory lasts forever.

afterall, a bit of pain never hurt anyone!

Comment

not really driving related

but praise to the dude that saved my life at the accident i had. if he wasnt there i wouldnt be here now.

hopefully soon can go an pay a visit an say thanks
                              Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Working...
                              X