Need some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help.

I'm trying to get the ignition switch off the bottom of the triple clamp but it's held on with some weird screws which are threaded on the inside.

It's on a 900ss.

I guess it's anti theft thing, any suggestions?? Thanks.

Tried winding an appropiate sized bolt into the thread you'll probally need a nut too wind bolt in, lock nut down against the screw you are trying to get out to stop the bolt unwinding and undo be worth checking with an online manual just make sure they are not left handed threads or something kacky. The normal sheer screws are not very tight a little work with a punch and hammer usually free's them up.
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
      Tried winding an appropiate sized bolt into the thread you'll probally need a nut too wind bolt in, lock nut down against the screw you are trying to get out to stop the bolt unwinding and undo be worth checking with an online manual just make sure they are not left handed threads or something kacky. The normal sheer screws are not very tight a little work with a punch and hammer usually free's them up.
      Cheers mate, looks like a 10mm, will give it a try.

Comment

Looks like you need to go to a toolshop and get a set of "torque screw bits" these kinda srews are becoming more common.

Comment

Got it sorted thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X