Your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts

I have used the search function and had a pretty good look around the forum to find peoples opinions on riding boots.

Basically, for a similar price I can get a pair of Alpinestars SMX-5 or Sidi B-2's.

I like the look of the A*, but hear that the sidi's are a better quality and possibly safer boot (only from what I have read here).

Which would you choose and why?

Not waisting your time, I will buy a pair depending on what you more experienced riders think.
    Originally posted by Roger Explosion
    Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

personally i went with sidi's main reason being my dad has a pair and has had them for 12 years and they are still in perfect nick (and they have taken a beating) plus sidi have been around longer its all preference really your choice.

(p.s there have been many post's on this topic so sum 1's prob gunna close this)
    Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
    Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
    In the backroads as it is on the freeway
    Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
    And forgive us our lanesplitting
    As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
    And lead us not into gravel corners
    But deliver us from hand-held radars
    For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
    Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

I'd have to stick my foot into them first, I have a typical aussi blunstone/rossi foot and european made boots tend to be long and narrow my foot doesn't fit so good.
      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

I'd go with the Sidi as I've only ever heard good things about them. Mine have lasted well and all the dudes I know who have them are happy with theirs where as I have heard mixed reports about the Alpines.

Comment

Really not much in it either way, both are good quality both are very safe...go for comfort.

Comment

i got the A* and can not fault them they are a great boot. when i went to try on Sidi they had no adjustment in the inside or up the top so they boot was ok down the bottom but was very loses up the top.

best try them on before you buy

Comment

^ definitely get the one that fits the best. As a brand I'd take Sidi over alpinestars any day, but the best fitting one will be safer.
              Originally posted by Amac
              suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

did i mention world super bikes and moto gp use sidi?
                but seriously best fit is safest.
                Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                And forgive us our lanesplitting
                As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                And lead us not into gravel corners
                But deliver us from hand-held radars
                For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Originally posted by killswitch54923 View Post

(p.s there have been many post's on this topic so sum 1's prob gunna close this)
                  Yeah, hear what you are saying man. But from the threads I found, tended to discuss the higher end models (one did go into detail on the sidi Vertigo's which was good).

I am looking at the entry level race boots for street use.
                  Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

Comment

Sidi.

Comment

Have worn my pair of Sidi B2's pretty much every day for the best part of three years.
                      They have holes in them now, but are still great boots.
                      Will be buying another pair soon

Can't say much about the A* ones though, never had a pair.

Comment

Bought some Sidi's recently, flashest boots Ive ever owned and they are comfy and do everything right. Squeak when I walk in them (I hope its the boots:o)
                        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

just did a quick search

Sidi

this was my biggest problem with the Sidi, there was nothing to make i tighter up the top. i think the smx5 are similar too

also there was nothing to tighten it up around the ankle area too

Comment

You do up the velcro tighter...
                            They are also intended to have leather pants in the top, hence the wideness

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                              Have worn my pair of Sidi B2's pretty much every day for the best part of three years.
                              They have holes in them now, but are still great boots.
                              Will be buying another pair soon

Can't say much about the A* ones though, never had a pair.
                              That's what I wanna hear, cheers mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X