Speedo Calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo Calibration

I was recently given a yellow sticker because I wouldn't admit to the cop that I was speeding. He thought my speedo must need callibrating. He was a nob!!!
    My problem is where can I go to get it callibrated. I've called a couple places that do this sort of thing but neither place can do it for bikes. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Btw I think its an absolute joke that cops can slap a yellow sticker on your vehicle for the most ludicrous of reasons. Its pretty much a loop-hole allowing them to give you an unwarranted fine.

tis called a speedohealer

oh, and i always go with, "i dont know how fast i was goin officer, i was paying attention to the road"

tho i would love to say "...paying attention to u sitting a whole three feet from my tail u #$%^&%&!*&!!!!!"
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

^^ah yes but were would one acquire such a tool?
      Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
      Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
      In the backroads as it is on the freeway
      Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
      And forgive us our lanesplitting
      As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
      And lead us not into gravel corners
      But deliver us from hand-held radars
      For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
      Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

but of course, why didnt i post that before!!!

try google and click this

Comment

try "search" option on PSB, might helpout.

Comment

Thanks for the help so far people, however, just to clarify, my bike doesn't actually need callibrating. It's in perfect condition. I just need to know a place I can take it where they can test it and give me a certificate saying the bike is fine.

Comment

take it over the pits and just say its fine.
              As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

Originally posted by R6sbyder View Post
                however, just to clarify, my bike doesn't actually need callibrating. It's in perfect condition.
                might be in perfect condition but have you changed the sprockets? this will put your speedo out..

Does anyone know roughly how much it will put your speedo out if you go -1 on the front? or does it just depend on the bike...
                Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, but glory lasts forever.

afterall, a bit of pain never hurt anyone!

Comment

well if your speedo pick up is on the front wheel or not? if it is sproket size wont matter!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisso View Post
                    might be in perfect condition but have you changed the sprockets? this will put your speedo out..

Does anyone know roughly how much it will put your speedo out if you go -1 on the front? or does it just depend on the bike...
                    if u know what sprocket sizes u have, u can get the new ratio as a percentage of the old one. this will be what % ur speedo reeds incorectly. -1 on the front means ur speedo will be reading at roughly 5% faster than u are travelling...but it depends on the ratio.

Originally posted by ozrgv250 View Post
                    well if your speedo pick up is on the front wheel or not? if it is sproket size wont matter!!
                    not many bikes are any more. u can check quickly, if it has a big anologue looking plug in it, it has a pick up somewhere (yes prob the front wheel) if its all electrical cables, it is comin of of ur drive/secondary shaft in the gear box.

Comment

Just go over the pits as the bike is. You won't need to have the speedo calibrated, and they won't check it's accuracy.

My 4wd was given a yellow sticker for the same reason. They said I was speeding, I said I wasn't (I was watching my GPS speedo as I went past them), so they stickered the car. It's a typical copper cunt-act. The guys at the pits didn't check anything to do with the speedo, they just went through their regular check list, so make sure everything else on your bike is up to scratch.
                      FTP

Comment

Check it against a GPS. Then when you go over the pits you can tell then you have checked it against a GPS and it was fine.
                        Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Originally posted by R6sbyder View Post
                          I was recently given a yellow sticker because I wouldn't admit to the cop that I was speeding. He thought my speedo must need callibrating. He was a nob!!!
                          So the question is were you actually speeding? Canary is probally cheaper than the fine these days anyway. The plod must of had no proof that you were and you didn't admit so he nailed you for something. If it reading fine just run it down to the pits make sure you have the correct fender and your exhaust doesn't cause you ears to bleed at idle and get it inspected. If the gearing has been changed most people change the gearing down so the speedo would actually be over reading ie it would be saying 60 when you are actually doing 50. Its only if it been geared up will it under read. Probally for a start count the teeth on the front and rear sprockets and see how that compares to standard for you bike and check the tyre size is the same as OEM. If ethier are different then you will need to look at devices like speedo healers and the like.
                          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

If the pits can't/don't check it out... there's no way to recover your inspection fee, is there? Or can you, as the bike was shown roadworthy? Basically, can the pigs just tax you $50 whenever they feel like it?
                            Insert witty comment here

Comment

They can do what they want, because they only have to suspect that your vehicle is unroadworthy, not prove it.

Just build up the hate, and then unleash it in a flying headbutt to the back of the head one day.
                              FTP

Comment

Working...
                              X