Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAD Ride 2009

Hi All,

The big day is upon us, everything is set to go for tomorrow morning from 8am at the Shenton Park campus oval (Selby St).

If today is anything to go by the weather will be kind to us however rain, hail or shine the show will go on.

Please do not hesitate to come down to the meet point closer to 10am if the weather is bad early and clears later in the morning.

If you have not seen the 2009 MAD Valentino Rossi MotoGP Replica I encourage you to take a look at the photos online or head down to the Motorcycle and Scooter Show at the Perth Convention Centre. The bike is on display and tickets are available all weekend at the impressive PSB stand.

Our goal this year is to raise $100,000 and sell at least 5000 raffle tickets, help us truly Make A Difference by showing your support.

Nathan Alberti
    MAD Charity Chairman.

Cool I will be there by 8am rain hail or shine to do my bit as ride marshall and whatever else needed
    the Rossi Replica looks great and I will certainly be getting my tickets tomorrow
    Good work to all the hard working people involved and see you all tomorrow
    and come on all whats a bit of rain its all for a good cause
    DOCWA

Comment

Weather update for the ride:
      Forecast for Sunday
      A shower or two, mostly morning. Light winds.

Precis: Shower or two.
      City: Min 9 Max 18

W/SW winds 10/15 knots tending NE 5/10 knots inshore for a period in the morning. Winds tending W/NW 10/15 knots in the afternoon.

i dont care if its pissing down,im still in!

Comment

this is my first mad ride, so bear with me.
        I assume there is going to be a shitload of bikes.
        Once we rock up, is it a case of find a spot and park the bike everyone in the same spot or is it like the salvo toy run, where different groups are allocated spots?
        Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
        Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

hey nath, i haven't formally registered as a ride marshall, but have done a few of the marshall rides and know the route. do u want me to roll up to the marshalls area or are you pretty right for marshalls?

Comment

So when we rock up for the MAD ride do we pay the combined ride/show entrance fee there or do we pay at the show?

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy+x View Post
              hey nath, i haven't formally registered as a ride marshall, but have done a few of the marshall rides and know the route. do u want me to roll up to the marshalls area or are you pretty right for marshalls?
              Just roll up to the Marshal's area in the morning, if there are already traffic marshals in place when you get there just let them know you are a ride marshal and they will show you where.

Yes we still need you, hope to see you there tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by drifter View Post
                Once we rock up, is it a case of find a spot and park the bike everyone in the same spot or is it like the salvo toy run, where different groups are allocated spots?
                There will be traffic/ parking marshals there. Everyone will be parked up in one area, but in an orderly way, so that the start of the ride ride flows smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by drifter View Post
                  When you rock up you'll be shown where to park (if it is anything like the last 2 MAD rides...)
                  They get everyone lined up and will direct you where to go when you rock up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat750 View Post
                    So when we rock up for the MAD ride do we pay the combined ride/show entrance fee there or do we pay at the show?
                    There will be 2 options available, ride and show ($20) or just ride ($10).

Comment

It may pay to remind everybody to bring a piece of wood or something similar to put under their side stands, as we will all be parking on damp grass.
                      Can you help with foster care?
                      http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

good idea but they give them out as you ride in the gate

Comment

Cool. I wasn't sure if they were doing that this year. I missed the "we need wood" thread.
                          Can you help with foster care?
                          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                            Cool. I wasn't sure if they were doing that this year. I missed the "we need wood" thread.
                            We still have wood from last year's ride.......and probably even bigger wood after tomorrows

Seriously, we have plenty of wooden blocks.

Comment

we need wood

Comment

Working...
                              X