putting on yoshis tomorrow - installed and now with PICS :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting on yoshis tomorrow - installed and now with PICS :D

im putting on a pair of yoshi pipes tomorrow (cheers cam) and was wondering if theres any issues or tricks or weird things that i should know about

im planning on using the gaskets that are currently on the bike as i dont have any new ones.
    is it fairly simple to take off the stock exhaust and swap in the new one?
    i also have the midpipes so theyll be going on as well
    Last edited by BennyT; 13-09-2009, 06:02 PM.
    There is no more time, even for cake. For you, the cake is over. You have reached the end of cake.

I'd get new gaskets, or some gasket material to cut into shape.

Tried to re-use my gasket, and it failed miserably lol.
    Originally posted by Dragunov-21
    If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Is it a full system, with headers and everything? I thought Cam just had slip-ons before, but I could be wrong.
      If it is, and you're changing the whole lot, your original exhaust gaskets should be alright, and just piece the rest of the system together using anti-seize between the slip joins, and don't tighten up any clamps until the whole lot is together, then work your way from the headers backwards, tightening everything up.
      FTP

Comment

an once ridden a couple of times go over an recheck all the bolts again
        Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
          Is it a full system, with headers and everything? I thought Cam just had slip-ons before, but I could be wrong.
          If it is, and you're changing the whole lot, your original exhaust gaskets should be alright, and just piece the rest of the system together using anti-seize between the slip joins, and don't tighten up any clamps until the whole lot is together, then work your way from the headers backwards, tightening everything up.
          ive got the mufflers plus the mid piece for each side.
          the pieces of pipe ive have are about 2" shorter than the ones currently on the bike. im gonna have a look tomorrow and see what i can pull off and how the pieces ive got will fit.
          i think it should be ok *crosses fingers
          There is no more time, even for cake. For you, the cake is over. You have reached the end of cake.

Comment

Ahh, that makes it a heap easier then.
            Just undo the clamp and mounting bolts on the old ones, then slide the new ones on. Like I said before, be sure to put a little anti-seize around where the pipes join, otherwise after running them for 6 months the dissimilar metals can just about weld themselves together, which will make it a bitch if you ever need to get them off in the future.

Most importantly, post pictures after
            FTP

Comment

^+1
              Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
              Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
              In the backroads as it is on the freeway
              Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
              And forgive us our lanesplitting
              As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
              And lead us not into gravel corners
              But deliver us from hand-held radars
              For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
              Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

righto. ive got the slip-ons installed. i didnt end up doing the midpipes as it turns out theyre the stock ones.

its sounds awesome now
                sucks that i cant go for a ride tho (no helmet yet)

will put up pics later

Comment

picsorban
                  Originally posted by polonY
                  Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

heres a couple of pics

Comment

Mmm, very nice!
                      Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                      If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Glad you got them on so quick mate, they look the business on your colour scheme too!
                        such comment
                        wow
                        many post

Comment

Working...
                        X