Textile (Non-leather) Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Textile (Non-leather) Gear

I'm after some boots and gloves that aren't made from leather. I've found some that I think aren't leather, but I'm not sure and was curious if someone who has these items could confirm for me.

If anyone knows of any non-leather bike gear then please post it up. Perhaps a list could be compiled for those who are interested:

Gloves:
    • Sidi "desert" gloves (spandex, lycra, suede)

Boots:
    • Sidi "vortice" boots
    • Sidi "vortice vernice" boots
    • Sidi "vortice vernice" boots
    • Sidi "vortice air" boots
    • Sidi "vertigo" boots

Oh, and I am aware of the benefits of leather over textile.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Mybowlcut; 14-09-2009, 11:28 AM.
    Originally posted by redfern
    If its good enough to carry missiles is safe enough for you bike.

what items are they? And i presume you mean textile, in which case there are shitloads of non-leather items around.

Comment

I wasn't aware you could GET gloves with no leather on them... Be interested to hear what you find...

What are the items that you think have no leather?

Just out of interest (not asking you to justify, I'm genuinely curious), why are you looking for non-leather?
      Originally posted by Dragunov-21
      If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Originally posted by Revelations View Post
        what items are they? And i presume you mean textile, in which case there are shitloads of non-leather items around.
        Oops, forgot to post the links up.. and yeah I mean textile.

Gloves:
        - AXO VR-X Textile Glove - Gloves - Superbike Toy Store - Sportbike
        - Scorpion EXO Cool Hand Gloves - Gloves - Superbike Toy Store - Sportbike

Boots:
        - Alpinestars S-MX 5 Boot - Boots - Superbike Toy Store - Sportbike
        - Alpinestars S-MX 5 Vented Boot - Boots - Superbike Toy Store - Sportbike
        - Alpinestars S-MX 5 Waterproof Boot - Boots - Superbike Toy Store - Sportbike
        - Alpinestars SMX-2 Riding Boots - Boots - Superbike Toy Store - Sportbike
        - Alpinestars SMX-2 Waterproof Riding Boots - Boots - Superbike Toy Store - Sportbike

And I'm pretty sure these are leather, but it would be awesome if they weren't...
        - Puma 1000 Roadracing Boots- Black-Metallic Silver - Boots - Superbike Toy Store - Sportbike

Originally posted by Dragunov-21 View Post
        Just out of interest (not asking you to justify, I'm genuinely curious), why are you looking for non-leather?
        To put it simply: I don't want an animal to die for my clothes/gear when there is the option for it not to.

Cheers.

Comment

Ah, that'd explain it lol.

The gloves contain no leather, the A* boots do, by the looks of it, not sure about the Puma boots.

I think you'll be very hard-pressed to find non-leather boots, though if you ask shops or ping an email to some manufacturers, you'll probably have a better chance at finding what you're looking for.
          Last edited by Dragunov-21; 13-09-2009, 05:27 PM.
          If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mybowlcut View Post

To put it simply: I don't want an animal to die for my clothes/gear when there is the option for it not to.
            I think a whole family of animals was turned into my gear...

Ever consider artificial leather? Dunno if that's non-animal? Sounds worth looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by That Ty Guy View Post
              I think a whole family of animals was turned into my gear...

Ever consider artificial leather? Dunno if that's non-animal? Sounds worth looking at.
              Yeah Ty I think there was a whole farm's worth of dead cows hanging off peoples' backs today.

I'll consider artificial leather, yep.. if it's affordable.

Comment

Just buy some "genuine leather" gear from China on Ebay. Pretty sure there' not an ounce of leather used to make that stuff.
                Can you help with foster care?
                http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Artificial leather has F-all abrasion/heat/tear resistance though, doesn't it?

Comment

My Berik boots are waterproof and made from robots. Not far from those alpinestar ones. I got 'em from the causeway.

Got my gloves (not the SP1 alpinestar gauntlets, my other ones i wore today) from mack1 in midland, they've got some non-primary-leather gloves. Dunno how much cow is in the ones I wore, I am pretty sure there's bugger all if any. They're weatherproof gloves with a winter warmer ideal.

We'll have to go gander some shops next weekend, I got some ideas for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                      Just buy some "genuine leather" gear from China on Ebay. Pretty sure there' not an ounce of leather used to make that stuff.
                      Haha I take it you've had a bad experience with it?

Originally posted by Dragunov-21 View Post
                      Artificial leather has F-all abrasion/heat/tear resistance though, doesn't it?
                      Probably, but that's what the disclaimer in my first post was for.

My Berik boots are waterproof and made from robots. Not far from those alpinestar ones. I got 'em from the causeway.

Got my gloves (not the SP1 alpinestar gauntlets, my other ones i wore today) from mack1 in midland, they've got some non-primary-leather gloves. Dunno how much cow is in the ones I wore, I am pretty sure there's bugger all if any. They're weatherproof gloves with a winter warmer ideal.

We'll have to go gander some shops next weekend, I got some ideas for you.
                      Robots? Haha what do you mean by that?

Yeah, definitely gotta be no leather. A lot of gloves say textile in their description but are re-enforced with leather it seems.

Shops sounds good, although it can't be next weekend. Weekend after next weekend?

Comment

We'll wing it. No animal pun intended.

Comment

We'll wing it. No animal pun intended.
                          ^_^

Anyone know of any textile gear?

Comment

Did I miss something?
                            Whats wrong with leather gloves?
                            Originally posted by Amac
                            suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

OP prefers not to wear leather for ethical reasons, fairly obvious.

You are going to have a bit of a hard time with boots, some of the wet weather boots are of PU and cordura construction, think sidi in particular are but not sure on the range of ladies.

Everything else shouldn't be an issue really, but best to have a look in store rather than relying on internet store descriptions as they are often wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X