Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley frame

Hey guys,
    im looking at building a davidson. Where in perth or aus is the best place to start looking for a frame to purchase. Any advice would be appreciated
    MY DREAM RIDE
    sigpic

Need more info on what you're looking at in a frame.

Are you looking for an original Harley frame and build up from there, or a custom frame?

Do you want a rigid, softail, skinny or wide rear end, stock height and rake frame, or massively stretched?
    Last edited by El Skitzo; 14-09-2009, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Biggest problem you'll have with starting with a bare frame is the ADR's and rego, most of the repo frame makers are OS,
      Rockers Choppers & Hotrods - Perth, Western Australia -> Home are local, I spoke to them about some frame work awhile ago, think they can make up frames from scratch.
      National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

What Im looking at is either buying something running..... which is not where I want to start. Im used to rebuilding cars from just a rolling chassi. Im looking at a few year project where Ill either import the tank etc...but as you said Maddog adr's ... I am a CNC Machinist by trade (Fitter and Turner). I dont want to be riding someone elses harley round the streets, I want to be riding my own original...so I figure buy a frame etc...Im liking the fatboy style...no sportsters ... and no chop chop way out there look. I figure the only way to own a harley is to build it from scratch up.. no yuppie here.... lots of decisions to make... off cheers guys . and to put your mind at rest .... A wide ass kit on the back end is a must lol
        MY DREAM RIDE
        sigpic

Comment

Anchors & Anchor Ropes
          You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

SOOOOOOOOOOO over the anchor jokes...
            May the wind always be at your back..!!

Comment

PM me, won't advertise another web site in the thread but know of a Harley forum that can provide heaps of help here

Comment

Go talk to the boys down at SuperCycles in Osborne Park, as they may have what you want in stock, but can definitely supply everything you need.

Building from scratch is going to be a pain because of the arefore mentioned ADRs, your bike will be treated as a brand newly manufactured bike and have to comply with all 2009 ADRs. Not impossible, but definitely a big pain in the ass!!

Comment

My option of probably buying a non running bike but registered and stripping it bare to start is looking like the easiest option for the registraion... Then machining up a heap of custom parts...then rebuild ... Now to finding a non running registered shell to start with.... Off HUNTING the net...
                  MY DREAM RIDE
                  sigpic

Comment

I know someone who spoke of importing some bike frames and parts of the Cruiser type not HD but along those lines I think, PM me a number if you wish me to enquire further

Comment

Working...
                    X