2010 Suzuki GSX-R1000RR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Suzuki GSX-R1000RR!

Have found bits and peices from around the interwebz. No details on pricing or even if it actually going to be released. God, I hope so.

Based on the 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000, the Yoshimura Race Shop has applied everything it's learned from racing in AMA American Superbike and applied it to the RR. That includes extensive engine and suspension work as well as visual tweaks.
    Yoshimura Race Shop USA and Suzuki announced that a new limited-edition racer version of the Gixxer literbike will be available to the public. And unlike the Buell 1125RR, this one will be available to the general public, and be totally street legal.

Dubbed the GSX-R1000RR, the new bike will have al sorts of Yoshimura racing goodies on it, including Type R Cams, Quick Shifter, and suspension. And Galfer stainless steel brake lines and brake pads.

Suzuki didn’t however, mention what the price might be, or when you might be able to pick one up. I can’t give you any help with the delivery date, but as far as the price goes, I can tell you that it will be…um…slightly north of a stock Gixxer.
    Engine:
    YRS ST-R Type R Cams (High Lift Longer Duration Cam Shafts)
    YRS Hi Compression Head Gasket (Raised Compression to 13.8:1)
    BMC Race Air Filter
    Yoshimura EM Pro w/ Quick Shifter and harness (mapped for pump gas)
    Yoshimura R77 Titanium / Carbon Fiber Full System

Suspension/Chassis:
    YRS Swing Arm Pivot Insert (+2mm)
    YRS Rear Suspension Linkage (159MM)
    YRS Extended Fork Cap Kit (gives additional 25MM of front ride height adjustment)
    YRS Showa "KIT" Rear Shock with YRS Race Spec Valving
    YRS Race Spec Fork Valving

Brakes:
    Galfer Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines Front (Smoke)
    Galfer Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines Rear (Smoke)
    Galfer 1375 Front Brake Pads

Misc:
    YRS Chassis Protector (New style w/ Decals)
    YRS Rear Stand Spools
    YRS Case Savers Kit
    YRS Bar End Kit
    Yoshimura R&D Graphics

2006 Yamaha R1SP;
    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
    Amen, brother. Amen.
    My nemesis; Barfridge

That is Farking NICE!!!!!

Comment

Looks like a mint bike. Dunno about the suspension though, how much of it is actually changed? Do yoshi actually do much suspension, or just a few add ons for the existing stuff? The front looks like stocky forks apart from the caps.

Dunno about being released like that either, there'a a few things I doubt would get past ADRs (or the similar thing elsewhere)- like the exhaust and undertail? Hope it comes out though.
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Brilliant. The only thing it need though is a special paintjob to make it stand out from cooking gixxers, ala R1 sp.
        Can you help with foster care?
        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Yoshi make suspension linkages, plus they have revalved the forks and shock.

If this bike is released I would say that it comes with factory fender and can. The F/E and Yoshi can comes so you can put it on... you know... for track days... sorta.
          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
          In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
          Amen, brother. Amen.
          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Love it, all the yoshi bits look trick.

Gsxr looks best in black imo, the front air ducts blend better.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
              Brilliant. The only thing it need though is a special paintjob to make it stand out from cooking gixxers, ala R1 sp.
              R1SP came from Yamaha, full factory jobbie. Dunno about this, though. If it comes from Yoshimura then I doubt it'll be painted but if it comes from Suzuki, maybe. One can hope and dream.
              2006 Yamaha R1SP;
              Amen, brother. Amen.
              My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Fair enought about the suspension then. What do the yoshi team actually race on, any ideas?

I was guessing it would come out with the stock stuff on, but was thinking it'd be a shame to have it in the showroom missing a few bits, it'd put the whole look out of whack. But then I realised it probably wont be in any showrooms, special order only kinda deal (if it comes out)
                If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Very understated, love it ^_^

Forgive my ignorance, but are these made of something special?
                  Or just anodised?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                    R1SP came from Yamaha, full factory jobbie. Dunno about this, though. If it comes from Yoshimura then I doubt it'll be painted but if it comes from Suzuki, maybe. One can hope and dream.
                    Sounds like its a combination project, so maybe has suzuki support? Is the paintjob a standard one, or a custom?

Comment

Comment

subtle, classy, nice
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

She's gorgeous.
                          I'm pretty sure Millsy posted something about this one a couple of weeks ago. IIRC, it's basically Suzuki's response to Buell releasing a race version of their bike to compete in American Superbike, to get around certain rules.

edit: Found it- clicky

Just a couple of days ago we revealed the Buell 1125RR, a controversial $39,995 racers-only bike built for AMA American Superbike racing. Mat Mladin and many readers expressed frustration at the rule bending that's allowing an expensive limited-production machine to compete in a class intended for street bikes. Well here's Yoshimura's take on the new rules, but don't worry; the Suzuki GSX-R1000RR should be street-legal and available to the public.

Based on the 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000, the Yoshimura Race Shop has applied everything it's learned from racing in AMA American Superbike and applied it to the RR. That includes extensive engine and suspension work as well as visual tweaks. Full details are below.

Right now, there's no word on price or availability. But given that 1125RR, it's likely that we could see the GSX-R1000RR made available at dealers. Of course, since Yoshimura parts are available to the public, you could always build your own bike to this spec, or pick and choose the parts you want.
                          FTP

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                            This was the last time Yoshi produced a complete bike for sale, so I think red and black would be very suitable.

Can you help with foster care?
                            http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Very beautiful looking bike, agreed about the paint, the black looks very smooth. I wonder what the price would actually be, considering all the Yoshi goodies.

Comment

Working...
                              X