Riding with Etymotic er-6i's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding with Etymotic er-6i's

Just wondering if anyone has any issues with them?
    I have owned a pair for about two years but only just started using them whilst riding; The use seems to have damaged two pairs of the foam tips as the foam has removed itself from the clear plastic piece that in normally glued inside as seen in the pic.

Personally they stick out a tiny bit too far for the helmet making it a tad bit uncomfortable for long rides and removing the helmet but I have checked the site again to make sure I'm inserting them correctly; I am.

So has anyone else found this?
    Attached Files

I use the three flange silicon tips on them without any problems. Do the foam tips make them hang out further?
    FTP

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
      I use the three flange silicon tips on them without any problems. Do the foam tips make them hang out further?
      They do, but I find the foam tips are better in noise reduction and sound quality.

Comment

Fair enough. Might have to sacrifice some of that if you want to wear them on the bike. It's not exactly an ideal environment for sound quality anyway.
        FTP

Comment

Try the flanges, they still attenuate most of the noise.

Comment

I have no probs using the er-4ps with foam tips. Might be worth the upgrade? Then again, ymmv..
            "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

I use the 3 flange tips as well and I don't have any problems with them. The foam tips look as though they may stick out a tad more.

Comment

Might give the flange ones another go.

Comment

Yep, I went in on a group buy for them. The end hits the Bluetooth Interphone speaker and sends virations down to my ear. Binned them that night. I'll stick with my foam disposables.
                  2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                  In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                  Amen, brother. Amen.
                  My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

i tried wearing my helmet with canal phones and i couldnt get my helmet off cos my ears couldn't slip out.
                    Spam

Comment

i find they fit fine with the 3 flange tips, used them for over an hour and a half without discomfort but they fit well in the gap i have in my xr-1000
                      Originally posted by CBRsairz
                      assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

Originally posted by justo View Post
                        i tried wearing my helmet with canal phones and i couldnt get my helmet off cos my ears couldn't slip out.
                        So you've been walking round with it on ever since?

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                        i find they fit fine with the 3 flange tips, used them for over an hour and a half without discomfort but they fit well in the gap i have in my xr-1000
                        I just tried mine with the flange tips; they don't stick out as far either, but we'll give them a proper run tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X