A few final words from Hewie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few final words from Hewie

Well .... Ive finally finished with show stuff for 2009.

The bikes are away, the trailers have all gone and Ive finally managed to get a chance to sit down and collect my thoughts or whats left of them.♠

Its been a long, tiring and to be honest a somewhat stressful 9 months leading up to the show this year.

For those of you who dont know I took 3 bikes this year, all heavily customised, the MAD bike, Dubso's Busa and of course my own Yellow SBK R1.

Now Im not saying this to boast .... what Id like to do is show people the enormity of what has happened and pay tribute to those that helped me once again get across the line.

All up this year the bikes took about 9 months to build from start to finish with the final 3 months leading up to Friday morning of the show basically being solid 8 - 10 hour days everyday after work ... with 16 hours a day thrown in on weekends for good measure

Id like to thank the following people for their help, patience and kindness, without you all it would never have happened.

Glenn and Tim from WTF for their unfailing support, help and for just listening to me bitch.

Tim C for listening to my wife complain on facebook and trying to keep her from killing everyone in the workshop with a shotgun (myself included)

Josie for her understanding .. I'm sorry it took so long.

Dubs and Liz for their patience ... the Mona Lisa wasnt painted in a day .

The Paint Ninja for fixing things I dropped ..... the day before the show and for all his other hard work on the bikes. As always its just outstanding.

Guzziboy for helping the paint ninja be the paint ninja

Kamahl and Dave from Ktec for dropping whatever they were doing whenever we needed something sorted.

Gav from GD's and Paul from Howler for all the last minute work they put in when they had far too much of their own work to get done.

Col from Dale Brittons for all the last minute parts.

A special thanks to Creme for sorting out the hangers at the drop of a hat and then for the mucho awesome PSB signs.

Bundera78 for giving up his day off to drive back and forth with a bunch of tired cranky bastards towing a trailer and traipsing around Bunnings looking for flag poles.

And Calamity for answering Naths last minute call to drive down pick up the bike and bring it home late on Sunday, had it not been for you it would have taken up permament residence in the centre

There no real way I can describe the amount of work these people put in to making the bike show happen .. all I can do is say

Thank you.

Now all I have to do is put my workshop back together, clean up and see if Im still married ... maybe I need to go past Tiffany's.

Cheers

H
    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

thankyou from the ninja for letting him be part of the team,nice bunch of people to be involved with.

much respect to everyone mentioned.

i like your vision hewie.

im not sorry i put that sticker on your car dubs

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Hewie well done mate, Thanks for your help,

You really do deserve a pat on your big shiney bald head !!

Comment

Originally posted by Hewie View Post
        Bundera78 for giving up his day off to hang out with a bunch of great guys and drool over awesome bikes instead of being stuck at home with a wife on sick leave
        As I said, I didnt mind at all... I was awake at 530 that morning anxious to help out!

Comment

The man hours put into the bikes and setting up the stand wow top job as always take a well earned rest

Comment

Bikes looked fantastic! Truely reflected the dedication put into them.

Well done.

BTW, many bites on the Tricolore?

Comment

Good work Hewie, all the bikes looked outstanding this year, you truely did shine. I'm glad that all your hard work paid off

Comment

It was your work that made the bike so easy to sell.

Cheers Hewie.
                You are awesome.

Posted via Mobile Device
                sigpic

Comment

Congratulations mate, well deserved pat on the back!

Comment

It doesn't surprise me at all reading the amount of work that went into it. It was a fantastic stall, great bikes guys. It made me proud to be a member of psb
                    Originally posted by browncow
                    Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

Trully awesome work of art, I enjoyed dub's busa a lot as well.
                      Good work.

Comment

Top Effort Hewie!

So im guessing you've got maybe a months break tops before you start organizing the next one... Seeing as its guna be bigger and better... You'll have to start earlier to make sure that happens!
                        Christianity... It's just one woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Comment

Top Job Hewie and all involved!
                          Great Effort! im sure the wife wont mind

Comment

Originally posted by wannabee View Post
                            Top Effort Hewie!

So im guessing you've got maybe a months break tops before you start organizing the next one... Seeing as its guna be bigger and better... You'll have to start earlier to make sure that happens!
                            Ahh no ..... I started again today.

If theres no rest for the wicked ..... I must have been a fucking bad boy in a previous life.

Originally posted by burlyoaf View Post
                            Top Job Hewie and all involved!
                            Great Effort! im sure the wife wont mind
                            Ill let you ask her ........ just let me get a long a way away first
                            Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I bet everyone appreciated the effort you guys and girls put in to the PSB stand. It out shone the OEMs with class and style. Behind the scene effort is ten fold compared to the final result. I think the PSB community recognizes that so congratulation to the team.
                              I don’t ride to get to the end, I ride for that moment

Hop scotch, skip rope, tunnel ball & football, all the same to me
                              If you cant ride it or fuck it, then its not sport

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...photos-100704/

Battlefeild 3 name = 5th_Eye

Comment

Working...
                              X