What bike is best for beginers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bike is best for beginers

Okay, i'm new to this site, and new to the motorbikes scene.

Just started doing my lessons and loving it.

Went to the show on Sunday. Looked at nearly every 250cc there. The only one that felt right for me, was the Hyosung GTR250.

Tried the Kawaski Ninja and felt like i was just about to start a circus act....... way to small for me. I'm about 6.2.
    I've done a liitle bit research on the GTR250, the reviews were sort of 50/50 some good, some bad.
    From what i can make out though, the 2007,2008 had there problems with the electrics, bad paint job and brakes. It would seem Hyosung have addressed these problems with the new 2010 model, according to the dude on the stand on Sunday. Not sure if he was just doing the sales pitch thing though.

So i was just wondering if any one would mind giving me some feed back on the Hyosung GTR250

VTR250, accept no substitute.

Comment

Yeah, VTR 250. I quote like the Hyo's though and supposedly they are improving in reliability.
      http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

Ditto from me. If it can do a good job of carrying me, it's the bike to get.
        "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

what about a nice cruiser like a kawasaki

Kawasaki Eliminator 250V Cruiser

The first time you see the Eliminator in the flesh, you won’t believe it’s only a 250 - Its full-sized chassis, wheels and suspension giving it the presence and attitude of a much larger, big-bore power-cruiser. And it’s no slouch either, with its modern, 8-valve, liquid-cooled V-Twin engine pumping out surprising levels of torque and horsepower uncommon in a 250cc motorcycle. So if you’re new to motorcycling and want a rider-friendly bike that’s at home playing with the big boys, the Eliminator is for you.

Bad Attitude
          With its megaphone type exhaust, rich black paintwork and sparkling chrome highlights, the Eliminator 250 exudes attitude. An unusually wide rear tyre, solid spoked wheels and a long low stance give it the presence of a much larger capacity motorcycle.

Torquey V-Twin engine
          The Eliminator’s liquid-cooled, 8-valve 249cc V-twin engine is specially tuned for smooth, low to mid-range power. Performance is further enhanced by a free-breathing, straight-flow, 2-into-1 exhaust system while a gear-driven engine balancer minimises vibration levels.

6-speed Transmission
          A positive-shifting 6-speed transmission offers optimal gear ratios for taking full advantage of the engine’s power delivery. Kawasaki’s exclusive Positive Neutral Finder makes selecting neutral a breeze every single time.

Comfortable Ride
          Rider ergonomics are first-rate thanks to the wide, well-padded seat and comfortable reach to the handlebars combined with forward positioned footpegs and controls. The low seat height keeps your feet firmly planted at stop lights for extra confidence.

Lightweight and Nimble
          Weighing in at only 167kg and utilising a steep 33° steering head angle, the Eliminator is extremely lightweight and highly agile for a motorcycle of its physical size, making it ideally suited to smaller adults and learner riders.

Powerful Stopping Performance
          The Eliminator offers impressive braking performance thanks to big, meaty tyres and a large, 300mm front disc gripped by a twin-piston calliper. Rear braking duties are handled by a reliable, no-fuss 160mm drum brake.

I HAD A BREEZE UP MY SHORTS AND IT FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...e-n00bs-70093/

^ give that a good read.

Comment

i learnt on a vtr250. awesome bike. go second hand aswell. u wont be on it long. and its alot of money for a bike youll sell in a year and a half.
              A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

The VTR goes, stops, turns and looks good.
                Highly reliable, great gearbox (The Flyondung has the worst gearbox in the hhistory of mankind), and has an awesome track record.
                I had one for a week and loved every minute of it.

Comment

How many 250's have you ridden, out of curiosity?

Comment

Some people just dont like nakid bikes so i think we should have another option for those people.

My vote is Suzuki Across, good looking 250 IMO, can get one for a reasnoble price less then 3K i think, its bit bigger then some 250's, not many of them around and you get a boot

Comment

Originally posted by HotelBushranger View Post
                      How many 250's have you ridden, out of curiosity?
                      CBR, VTR, ZZR, GPX, RS, RGV, GTR, GT (Suzi), ZXR, KR, CB, RG, VT, Across.

I've forgotten some.

Comment

I really want to take a VTR for a test ride after hearing so many people rave about them .

Out of curiosity, what did you think about the ZZR? Desmo.

Comment

Fair enough, you always seem to rave about the VTR but only having it a week?

Comment

Originally posted by HotelBushranger View Post
                            Fair enough, you always seem to rave about the VTR but only having it a week?
                            I'm with him on this one(and I only played with a vtr a handful of times when a friend bought one brand new), but I still reckon half the fun of getting your first bike is finding and buying the one that gives you the biggest boner. Then afterwards you start to become brand bias and that starts to make things difficult.

Comment

I've ridden them on and off mate, but had one as a loaner for a week and flogged it around the burbs.
                              A week is more than enough to gain a decent idea of what the bike is about.

Comment

Working...
                              X