Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

I have only ever gone through swann insurance, have you guys had any luck finding better insurers?

I was offered a premium of 2500ish for a cbr600rr because I am under 25, and I came off my gpx about a year back.

I am going to give qbe a call tomorrow and see what they offer but has anyone found that little underdog company that almost always seems to exist that offers some damn good deals to get there foot in the door on the competition?
    Originally posted by browncow
    Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

try "insure my ride" mate. They were 50% cheaper than any other quote I had.

Comment

Yeah I tried insuremyride at the show and it came up with a 3000 premium so swann is still cheaper
      Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

There is an insurance thread...

Go through it and ring every company asking for a quote on comprehensive and 3rd party...

For me as an 18 year old on a litre bike with a cleaning licence history the cheapest full comp quote i got was $4500 a year with about $1000 excess. Half the price of my bike.

I pay $132 a year for 3rd party.
        Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
        1985 - 2009

Comment

Originally posted by malenko View Post
          Yeah I tried insuremyride at the show and it came up with a 3000 premium so swann is still cheaper
          Ouch!!:o:o

One benefit of being an old phart I s'pose. Cheap insurance.

$195 fully comp for me on me 250. Had a quote for when i upgrade. If I go to an M50/VN900, brand new, quote is $195.

Comment

Yeah but I need a fully comp as I need a loan, I will go hunt down that insurance thread, I think 2500 is a decent price considering my age and I have a claim to my name from last year

Comment

My advice as someone your age would be to save the money you would spend on full comp and buy a bunky big bike till you can afford to buy a nice one outright...

2500 a year?..Save that and a bit more cash on top and you can get a nice zx7 or similar for 4500/5000...

BUT if you are going to do it then as i said find the thread and ring every insurer. Only they can give you an accurate quote.
              Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
              1985 - 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
                I pay $132 a year for 3rd party.
                Seems to be the way to go with young riders... I was suprised at the amount of riders with 3rd party... But with those prices.. what can you do

Supermotards get pretty cheap insurance though .

Comment

Found Swan go off either your car or bike license which ever is the longest, can make it cheaper than a few others that only go off you bike license.

Qbe have were the cheapest for my ducati 600 monster. Guess it all depends on the personal circumstances of each person.

Comment

Working...
                  X