Micro-chipping of streetbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro-chipping of streetbikes

Micro-chipping of streetbikes..... whats your take on it?

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

explain.
    edit- woot, 10000 posts
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

My dog has a micro-chip, if we lose him the vet can scan him and find out where we live.

Comment

as in Data dot for theft purposes...or is this a Dorkington idea (viz. GPS tracking....distance vs time = Speeding infraction)
        Originally posted by Viper
        I'm probably fucking something up.
        FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
        Administrator

Comment

Micro chipping per se I see as an eventuality sadly...
          of motorbikes - Get fucked... if you're going to bring it in it's across the board or nothing!!!
          Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
          One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
          . .

Comment

What's the rationale behind it Deej?
            Originally posted by Melkor
            The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

i suppose they wouldnt need to prove who was riding either with the owner onus laws, another great revenue raiser yipee

Comment

If it's to keep track of bikes whereabouts and speeds then I would remove it. I'm sure that within a few weeks there would be lots of websites explaining how to remove the chip (weight reduction for a track bike of course), even if it was like an immobiliser if removed, there would be a way to avoid it.

In terms of security devices, I would do it if I had the money/a bike worth stealing such as, oh I don't know, a Desmosedici.
                When due process fails us, we really do live in a world of terror. — JC Denton

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
                  What's the rationale behind it Deej?
                  I dont know exactly, I had hoped you guys would know.

I am assuming similar to dog micro chipping whereby your bike can be scanned to see who the registered owner is for the concern of theft naturally.

And then unnaturally to be able to check your record, license, movements, speed, and other things which will likely be their hidden agenda.

Maybe im just a skeptic

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I reckon if the chips come out, someone will find a way to get around them/kill them and then they will become defunct.

Comment

Assuming this is a "road safety" directed item I hate it as it is an infringement of human rights. Lets just all have a chip in our head and do whatever big brother directs us t....?

I think it is a great idea and the sooner we are all under constant surveillance the better so the people that care about us and know whats best for us can watch over us with equity and fairness. Big Brother FTW.
                      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

If you're talking data dot then I'm all for it. Microscopic "tags" glued to various panels and parts of your bike to prevent "stripping" of stolen vehicles and selling of the bits.
                        AFAIK you can't do it from a distance i.e. from a scanner/camera on an overpass. You physically have to get close to the data dots to identify them.
                        2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                        In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                        Amen, brother. Amen.
                        My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

OK, I HAVE MORE DETAIL NOW:

Basically Channel 10 have made contact because they are planning on running a news item tonight about the microchipping of motorcycle number plates whereby the State Govt are proposing to place a microchip on our bikes that can be detected by speed cameras so that they don’t have the identification issues currently being experienced as a result of the lack of front numberplates.

So what are your thoughts on it?

No doubt they will be interested to read the thread so level headed comments appreciated.

Comment

How is this any different to the numberplate scanning camera system they already use?
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Go for it. If it acts as a deterrent as much as the cameras do for cars then I'm all for it, but cut the BS about cameras being for safety because all they do is whinge about the lost revenue, not the fact that all the bikes that speed through cameras then go on to kill mum's with kids in prams.

PS - Should be easy enough to 'block' the signal somehow. If you can build it, it can be hacked!
                              2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                              In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                              Amen, brother. Amen.
                              My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Working...
                              X