Emergency Detail Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Detail Cards

A Rider friend of mine in South Aust brought to my attention a Local Product that riders in Adelaide are starting to promote.
    Instead of trying to explain in detail a product i've only just seen myself, here is the site. ICEcards

An Aussie product developed by riders for riders
    Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

looks like a good product for sure
    Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

I tried to get something like this started a while back.
      We all know the crew we ride with but how well. Some of us we know each other by a handle and what bike we ride (thats about it) some others we know better.
      But in My case I dont know how many know how to get in touch in case of an emergency with my family.
      I have A ICE number in my phone (my Bro) but some times when you crash your phone is wrecked.
      The Ice card sounds like a good idea

Comment

ICE cards/numbers are good but im happy to just keep using dogtags, ur phone can get wreaked, and wallet lost, but tags stay around ur neck

Comment

Surely you could hack together something in MS Paint and print it out for $0.25?

Am I missing some part of this that is worth $25?

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post
            Surely you could hack together something in MS Paint and print it out for $0.25?

Am I missing some part of this that is worth $25?
            Other than the fact its not paper. You should be able to make your own and get it laminated for maybe a few dollars.

I was impressed myself that someone had gone to the trouble to make them and thought it was worth my support. I don't know who it is offering the product, and the link was sent to me by a rider friend who works for the Ambulance dept, and she has a definate reason as both a rider and am ambo to promote what is obviously a good idea.

But do make one, as it IS a good idea. And while your at it knit yourself some socks, its cheaper.
            Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

I got some dog tags mad up. They cost me about $30 from memory and I wear them full time. They have my name, age, DOB, blood type, ICE information, Allergies and medical history (i.e. asthma etc).

I can find out a proper price and organize to get some thing made up for anyone who wants some thing similar if you like.

Heres a pic for you:-

The Chain Starts out silver and goes that bronzy color over time. I have tried a few different types of chain but this on seems to be the best.

They are printed font and back and I think they would last longer than a computer print out.

Comment

Pretty sure my dri-rider has a panel in it for shit like blood type and emergency contact details.

ideally should be a standard thing on riding jackets I would think. no card to forget, no phone to break, etc.

of course it relies on you wearing your gear, but.... thats another tangent...
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I've had a piece of laminated paper in my wallet for the last 2-3yrs now with "in case of emergency" and contact numbers.

Comment

Yehh... Carry multiple ICE numbers in my phone. Just in case one is unavailable.
                    Also carry details in behind my liscence... hopefully if they go to check who i am, they would notice theres something there with it...

I've got the spot to place details in my jacket aswell, however havent gotten around to doing that...
                    Christianity... It's just one woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X