Bike's Backfiring ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike's Backfiring ????

Heya guys first of all thanks for all the help and the warm welcomes on my welcome blog....

I have a 2000 model ninja that's always run like a gem. until recently she has a habit of backfiring when droping down the gears as i slow down. Not overly high revs either....

It maybe a simple answer but i'm a lay'man when it comes to the mechanical side. Whats the probelm with it?? or is she just getting old...

Also when starting the bike it doesn't always click over on the first go, sometimes i'm sitting there for five mins pressing the starter button waiting for it to fire up even when the bike is warm (like trying to leave the servo once i've filled up)... any ideas???
    thanks a bunch

check your sparkplugs,air filter and fuel etc

Comment

When was your last service?

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

Take it through the tunnel and scare all the cagers...

+1 last service?

Comment

serviced 1000kms ago..... maybe 1 1/2 ish months?? just a minor.

Comment

G'Day McOz21,

Your bike sounds to be running lean, on the overrun.
            So do not shut the excelerator off when changing gear. ( have you changed the exhaust or air filter receintly?)

As for difficulty in restarting; always look at the obvious things first.

Regards,

Sooty
            Regards,

Sooty.

Another perfect day in paradise.

Comment

could be a batch of crap fuel?? does it feel like the motor
              is pinging at all? does it have an automatic choke?
              other than that poss a air/fuel mix sensor...

Comment

makes sense..... cheers, i'll definitly look into the starter at a simlper view. thanks sooty

Comment

well the air and fuel mix was my thought BeNo, but when i got it serviced they said that it wasn't happening and it was fine... so unless a crazy ex is trying to shoot me from her car my bike is still definitly backfire and they reckon it wasn't that

Comment

if they say plugs, filters, sensors are fine id prob go the cheap
                    option and drain the fuel tank if you can, and fill up with new
                    and see how you go... hope its something easy

Comment

Originally posted by McOz21 View Post
                      well the air and fuel mix was my thought BeNo, but when i got it serviced they said that it wasn't happening and it was fine... so unless a crazy ex is trying to shoot me from her car my bike is still definitly backfire and they reckon it wasn't that
                      LOL...your crazy ex shouldnt be able to catch you on that bike..
                      May the wind always be at your back..!!

Comment

haha yeah, she's probably outside my house now waiting for me to leave

Comment

Working...
                        X