f4i help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f4i help

any f4i owners/wise men and women know wtf the f4i never came with a place to throw your spools on for a race stand. Am i missing something here, or short of welding (which i really dont want to do), am i stuffed when it comes to using a race stand for my cbr? chain cleaning is now gonna be a pain in the ass isnt it

same problem here. but my stand came with 2 lifting lugs. one set fits under the swingarm.

But i was just out looking at ideas to help me with this problem and im going to make up a bar which slides through the axle with notches on the endso i can slip it through and lift with the bike being more stable.
    the rubber coated lifters which sit under the swing arm seem a bit un sturdy at times.
    IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

just get a couple of the lugs welded on, then you can screw in your swingarm "bobbins" and you're done.
      Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
      Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

i have herd of a few people who just drill and tap threads into their swingarm for this purpose.
        this method dosnt quite sit well with me tho.

Comment

I machined up a couple of pieces of rod that slide into the axle ~100mm, with a pickup spool on the end, so I could use a stand with the hooks. It's easier to use than the "L" stands, and the only time you can't use it is when you're removing the rear wheel.
          eBay has them for sale from time to time.
          FTP

Comment

You can use something as simple as a length of rod that you slide through your axle
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Is there a place to drill and tap the swingarm?

Comment

do you think that it wouldn't affect strength?
                I wanted to do this and have read other people have done it i just didn't want to drill into my swing arm.

Comment

I think 2 x M8 tapped holes in a swingarm will have a negligible effect on strength if they are place correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                    I think 2 x M8 tapped holes in a swingarm will have a negligible effect on strength if they are place correctly.
                    That or using 8mm nutserts if its a hollow part of the swingarm that u want the spools mounted too. But the nutsert tool is a bit on the pricey side but I have one if you need to borrow it.

Ahh fuk it.... Ill try it on my F4i first and post up pics later to show ya

Comment

You can get stands that have right angle mounts to just slip under the swingarm.
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

yeah, i ordered some platform adaptors to lift under the swingarm. Just funny going to clean the chain with spools in hand going 'wtf'?!

Comment

^This. "L" bars or whatever people call em.

Just use these Revelations. I do on mine, it's mintoximous. I can get my bike up there one handed pretty much, so if I can, ANYONE can. Sooooo easy.

Comment

I hate L mounts, they are all I have for the R1 and they slip.
                            They don't provide a positive location and this isn't what I want when I have the rear wheel off!

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                              I hate L mounts, they are all I have for the R1 and they slip.
                              They don't provide a positive location and this isn't what I want when I have the rear wheel off!
                              +1
                              Unstable as fuck i hate taking my rear wheel off when it on the stand.

tho most people dont remove their wheels themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X