Future of the GSX 1400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of the GSX 1400

I was just on the Suzuki website (like I am nearly every day) and realised that between yesterday and today the gsx 140 was removed from the sports/sports-touring section of the website and isn't listed anywhere else on there. Does anybody know if it is being discontinued or is the gsx 1400 section just being redone (they recently did the sv and the gsx650f). It would be a huge shame is they were to stop production of it since I view it as the best muscle bike on the market.
    Originally Posted by Maxo
    do people around you constantly wear their palm on their face?
    to Butters

Finished production of it. Never again to be made because of compliance with eu emmissions.

Comment

Like the SV, it'll probably come back after a few years development with a bit more cc's and a heavier exhaust/cat to rip out
      - Mike

Comment

I would love to see it continued, but the motor dates back to the mid 80's and as such is almost impossible to make it comply with emission regs.
        I can't see them developing a replacement, as they now have the B-King.
        It's a shame, because these "retro" muscle bikes make the perfect allrounders.
        Can you help with foster care?
        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
          .......I can't see them developing a replacement, as they now have the B-King..............
          Unfortunately I think you might be right, the GSX1400 never sold in large numbers in Oz in its best year's but man what a bike. A seriously under-rated machine.

Love riding mine whenever I get on it.
          Flickr Gallery
          Smugmug Gallery

Comment

They are still offering (and developing) the Bandit, so i guess that's where the success lies for them in nekkid class. Despite the huge grunt of the 1400, it just didn't sell in numbers sufficiently large to justify it's model placement.

I still recall Jeff's (SNR Pro) turbo 1400... what a beast!

S.
            Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

This is absolutely devastating. As far as I am concerned the gsx1400 was the best muscle bike around and was one of my dream bikes.
              to Butters

Comment

Why devastating? Just buy a second hand one.

Comment

Love the 14

Comment

Its devastating because by the time I have the surplis income to buy one as well as owning my main "dream" bike the gixxer thou, the latest gsx1400's will be getting older and I hate buying second hand as it is.
                    to Butters

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxerguy View Post
                      Its devastating because by the time I have the surplis income to buy one as well as owning my main "dream" bike the gixxer thou, the latest gsx1400's will be getting older and I hate buying second hand as it is.
                      Buy low k's. That way it's run in so you can throw a turbo at it

like this bloke,

see how he has used high end components to save weight?
                      Last edited by Roger Explosion; 16-09-2009, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I'm definitely liking that idea. Would be great if they just brought in a gsx 2000. If Triumph can do it with a cruiser then I'm sure Suzuki could do it in an upright. You'd never get it up if you dropped it but it would be fantastic in a straight line.
                        to Butters

Comment

^^ looks like a few less cheeseburgers wud have been a betr option.
                          "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

That's a pity see hear that (demise of the 1400),Suzuki should've made it look like a Wes Cooley superbike.

Comment

It's still all heresay until a proper source is sited. Don't go hara-kiri just yet.
                              Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Working...
                              X