Service Intervals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Intervals.

So, who should I believe? The first bike shop I asked that said every 4000, the second that said every 5000 (he guessed), or the manual that I then went back through all my junk and found that says 6000?

Kudos to the second shop, I rang them back and he said he should have checked and 6000 was right. First shop says manual is wrong and they need servicing more often.

And yeah, I know, Hyosungs need servicing after every ride, when it rains (even when they are parked inside), when its hot, when its cold, when its dusty and when someone sneezes near them.

Seriously though, do these places just guess, or make up a lower figure so you go to see them more often?
    Come back Jeremy, it was only a joke.

Or I could just ring the first shop again and speak to someone who knows what he is doing (like I just did), who told me its the 250s that are 4000 and the 650s that are 6000.

So I guess this whole post is just a waste of space, fancy that on the internet eh? Still, gave you something to read.

Comment

I'd go with the book written by the people that made the bike.

Comment

If in doubt go by the book.

Oil changes more often if you ride the thing hard are not a bad idea though, and certainly will not hurt.
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I had thought about the whole oil change thing, i do tend to ride a lot, and probably a bit harder than expected for a cruiser, so maybe a home oil change in between services? Every 3000, or would that be overkill?

Comment

^^ its overkill really, not like its a high performance, high revving motor...
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Sweet, thanks mate, will stick to the 6k services then.

Comment

Working...
              X