Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelvar jeans or normal jeans + knee armour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelvar jeans or normal jeans + knee armour?

Hi everyone, just a quick question in regards to pants available for protection.

My friend was saying that he would rather buy a knee armor + normal daily jeans/pants which better that wearing a kelvar jeans. The reason being that the kelvar jeans don't really cover the knee properly as compared to the armor. The armor he's thinking of buying is something like below:

Icon Field Armor - Leg - Armor - Superbike Toy Store - Sportbike

What's your opinion on this?

those knee pads look like theyre supposed to offer a small amount of impact protection, kevlar jeans on the other hand are designed to save your arse skin (and the rest) from abrasion because normal jeans will wear through on asphalt in about 1.3seconds
    TV Antennas - Home theatre installations - TV's wall mounted - Phone and data cabling - TV reception service & repairs - Much more...
    Discounts for PSB members
    ----------
    [email protected] - Ph: 0415 425 524 - or PM me

Comment

When I crashed I barely had grazed knees, let alone any kind of impact damage that armour would have prevented.

You're much more likely to lose skin in a crash and as mattg said, regular denim isn't too flash for sliding down the road.

I'd take unarmoured draggins over armoured jeans any day of the week.
      Originally posted by Amac
      suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Forgot to add:
        To save his arse area, he is getting
        Icon Field Armor - Shorts - Armor - Superbike Toy Store - Sportbike
        Last edited by macromedia; 17-09-2009, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Kevlar jeans def way way to go but nothing stopping your
          m8 wearing both... but if he's going to spend that much money
          might as well get leather pants with built in armor...

Comment

Originally posted by BeNo View Post
            Kevlar jeans def way way to go but nothing stopping your
            m8 wearing both... but if he's going to spend that much money
            might as well get leather pants with built in armor...
            Depends what theyre for...
            Would hardly wear leathers for commuting

Draggins with armour is a good idea though
            Originally posted by Amac
            suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Draggins for commuting 4sure no one wants to have to
              do the big undress at work...
              just cant believe how many people ride without gloves...

Comment

I have those Icon guards. I'm confident they would do a great deal in reducing injury to knees. I wear them regularly, usually with Draggins, and with shin-armoured Sidi boots.

I had a small stack a couple of years ago, and I was wearing different knee-guards, although only with normal jeans. There was knee impact, & I'm happy with the job the guards did. And they weren't as heavy duty as the Icon ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                  Depends what they're for...
                  Would hardly wear leathers for commuting
                  Yes, it is for daily commute for him. I don't think leather would be ideal for him.

Originally posted by Machast View Post
                  I had a small stack a couple of years ago, and I was wearing different knee-guards, although only with normal jeans. There was knee impact, & I'm happy with the job the guards did. And they weren't as heavy duty as the Icon ones.
                  Which knee-guards did you get?

Comment

the beauty of kevlar jeans is you can get off your bike and walk away, do your thing and you don't look so outta place.. Knee guards you'd have to remove and stick in a back pack or something

Comment

Regarding "get off and walk away"...does anyone make kevlar armoured (patches) business trousers; for those of us who have to look conventional at work?
                      Harleys make a noise ___ Ducatis make music

Comment

Meh, Rivers jeans have held up well in a couple of offs....

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur View Post
                          Regarding "get off and walk away"...does anyone make kevlar armoured (patches) business trousers; for those of us who have to look conventional at work?
                          point taken...

I usually wear my jeans to work, then change when I get there.. don't wanna get my jeans dirty it'd be just as easy to remove your armor.

I was meaning more like for weekends and stuff, trip to mates place or the pub etc..

Comment

Kevlar jeans + knee armor.

Or, look for airmesh over pants. Pants made of mesh that you pull over your normal wear with knee and hip armor ready to go. Around $115.00 according to a recent thread I saw here somewhere, Product reviews maybe?

Comment

Draggins keep your knees and arse from needing skin grafts.

Posted via Mobile Device
                              Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                              Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Working...
                              X