Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need my first bike need help.

Hey guys,

NEw to the forum and am looking to get my first bike in the next couple of weeks. Just started a new job so finances are tight. Found this forum and looks like i have foynd a second home ofr a while lol.

Been looking at a 250r for a while but atm anly looking at spending about 5k on a bike and 1k on gear.

Found someone today thats selling a 250r but its been in a head on collision and needs to front end replace. Could pick it up for 2k was wondering if anyone thought it was worth looking at.

IF not Considering a Hyosung GT250r and found one for roughly $4500.

Open to anything really dont know alot im sure theres plenty out there i havent considered would love some feedback.

Cheers,

Ryan

Originally posted by Freeo View Post
    Hey guys,

NEw to the forum and am looking to get my first bike in the next couple of weeks. Just started a new job so finances are tight. Found this forum and looks like i have foynd a second home ofr a while lol.

Been looking at a 250r for a while but atm anly looking at spending about 5k on a bike and 1k on gear.

Found someone today thats selling a 250r but its been in a head on collision and needs to front end replace. Could pick it up for 2k was wondering if anyone thought it was worth looking at.

IF not Considering a Hyosung GT250r and found one for roughly $4500.

Open to anything really dont know alot im sure theres plenty out there i havent considered would love some feedback.

Cheers,

Ryan
    hey man if it was me i wouldn't be gettin a bike that's been in a head on. unless you are full mech minded and can tell if the frame has been warped etc.. the Hyosung GT250r is a good bike, my mate has one and my other mate has the Ninja 250r (a bit more expensive). The ninja is def better and if you can afford the price increase get that.

Comment

The best bike to buy and a good work horse is a Honda CBF250 . dont let anyone fool ya it has good power and the best bike to ride when and after you get your leaners. I think i saw one for sale on this site in the sales section for $5000.00 or $5500.00 400ks on the clock as new and they are far better than these Hyosung things. might not look as flash but hey you want a good bike not a show pony . Got mine new for $6100.00 incl on road costs and in 1 year when i upgrade will sell for $5.000

Comment

Originally posted by rockard View Post
        hey man if it was me i wouldn't be gettin a bike that's been in a head on. unless you are full mech minded and can tell if the frame has been warped etc.. the Hyosung GT250r is a good bike, my mate has one and my other mate has the Ninja 250r (a bit more expensive). The ninja is def better and if you can afford the price increase get that.
        My girls brother would be able top look it over 4 me and know if its worth salvaging person i spoke to about it said she had it looked at and was fine but cant exactly trust someone trying to suck money out of you.

Ive heard some ppl say get the Hyo over the 250r. Guy came into work who used to race bikes and said forget the 250r the Hyosung uses better technology and the only reaosn people look them over is because there a Korean company. Such a hard decision,

Comment

The GPX is the previous incarnation of the Ninja 250... worth looking at one of those.
          Basically the same bike, but much cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Prot651 View Post
            The best bike to buy and a good work horse is a Honda CBF250 . dont let anyone fool ya it has good power and the best bike to ride when and after you get your leaners. I think i saw one for sale on this site in the sales section for $5000.00 or $5500.00 400ks on the clock as new and they are far better than these Hyosung things. might not look as flash but hey you want a good bike not a show pony . Got mine new for $6100.00 incl on road costs and in 1 year when i upgrade will sell for $5.000
            Good is a relative term, my good man.
            Originally posted by Bendito View Post
            The GPX is the previous incarnation of the Ninja 250... worth looking at one of those.
            Basically the same bike, but much cheaper
            Also this. So much this.
            Insert witty comment here

Comment

Take both for a test ride and see how u feel on both they are both reliable bikes so really it's all about how the bike fits you
              Master of the missed signals

Comment

I was told the Hyo make it easier to get onto an R class bike after your RE cause it's bigger, although I didn't have any drama going from my 250R.
                Don't be fooled, you will drop your bike, so try not to spend a shit load, definatley take both for a ride as shaunkent said, everybody is different, and needs a different feel for a bike. - Just like a car, get a mechanic to look over it before you buy, unless you're buying new..

Comment

Hi and welcome.
                  For a first bike get something that is going and you can test ride it etc.....
                  There is no assurance that a bike that needs repair will end up saving you money. Bike parts/repairs are not as cheap as you would think.
                  If you do decide to buy a damaged/broken one $2k is way over the top, $500 would be more like it.

Best of luck
                  Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Oh, nearly forgot, be sure to get a mechanical inspection done before you buy any bike

Comment

Originally posted by SzyCo View Post
                      I was told the Hyo make it easier to get onto an R class bike after your RE cause it's bigger,
                      You're not the first person I've heard that from.

Sounds like marketing spin to me.
                      Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                      Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Bendito ==== +100 ^^^^^ as some others have learnt the hard way.
                        There are two questions in life.
                        1:Which way do I go
                        2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

Originally posted by Prot651 View Post
                          not sure about that one

And dropping your bike is NOT a foregone conclusion on your RE's. But for 5k i would look elsewhere. Can have a very late model GPX, ZZR, a VTR with a few kms (but much better bike). Or *gasp* a cbr250rr ...but not many will talk you into that last one .

Comment

13 posts and no one has said it...

Get a VTR.

EDIT:

kind of beaten by Revelations.

But yeah. Get a VTR. Not a fucked Ninja, not a hyo, not a CBF (honestly... prot, how many other bikes have you ridden?).

Look at a GPX/ZZR/CBR, then buy a VTR.
                            Originally posted by Ferris
                            I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

VTR ftw

Comment

Working...
                              X