• Cbr125

Hi All,
    My son has just purchased a CBR125 for his first bike
    and I had to ride it home from VIC PARK to Greenwood
    I am pleasantly surprised at this bike and how well it
    just seems to work. Nicely put together and seems perfect
    starter bike for a newbie.
    I have heard folk say its fairly gutless but I found it to have
    enough zip to keep up with traffic easily and I reckon it will spin along the freeway nicely too

Congrats, I'm sure he will enjoy it

for a little while

Comment

Why buy 18 hp when your can get 30 hp?

Comment

Speed kills you know

Comment

Compared to most 125cc scooters, the CBR 125 will have more zip. CBR125 = 11 kilowatts while most 125cc scoots have around 8-9. (there are exceptions of course)

I dunno about the freeway on a CBR125. In theory they have a top speed of 130kmh or so, but that's pulling over 10,000 rpm in top gear. I've yet to see one on the freeway. Most i've seen avoid the highways as they aren't great in a straight line. Never seen one on a group ride either. Corners, roundabouts and splitting cars is their forte.

Hope your son enjoys it! ^_^

Comment

Yeh, my Piaggio FLY125 actually has more take off intially, but thats
            perhaps due to the auto trans.
            The CBR125 is a good starter for him (son) and since he is a bean pole
            and weighs in at only 50kg, I think the power to weight ratio should
            be in his favour (compared to me 88kgs and even then the CBR125 still felt quick)
            Looks sporty if nothing else (wink)

Cheers
            Pete

Comment

Wait until he sees the yAm yzf125 or whatever it is. I saw one today at yamaha in elizabeth street melbourne. For a learner 125 its damn hot!
              Posted via Mobile Device
              Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Comment

^^^ In your face Honda!!

Comment

They really are handsome little buggars, any word on pricing?
                    Can you help with foster care?
                    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

The lil cbr125 is a great lil bike for wat it is.
                      PS the cbr has betr brakes than the yzf125
                      "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

I dunno the pricing on Yammy, but even so they still both 125s
                        It will all still come down to capacity (cc).
                        See how the lad gets along with this first and if he likes riding
                        then maybe he can upgrade after a while.
                        (Got twin 17 year old girls who are very jealous of their brother
                        so I guess they could learn on it too)

Cheers
                        Pete

Comment

I learned on one before I bought my VTR, and it then got passed on to my sister. Rode it home a few weeks ago because she wasn't feeling well, and while there's nowhere near the same number of ponies in it, it's not exactly a bad bike to ride.

Though the "sporty" bars made me think I was holding one level with my waist and the other somewhere up near my shoulder, and the engine won't do anything below 3000 RPM. On the other hand, I did feel like I could go knee-down on every corner on it.

Originally posted by tekema2 View Post
                          It will all still come down to capacity (cc).
                          Psst. They both have a capacity of 125cc.

Comment

Yeh, I agree rode it in heavy wind today and its no 250
                            and did have to work the gears a bit, but suppose that goes
                            with the sporty feel.

Prefer my auto trans scooter thou (125cc) as its always
                            in the right ratio for the motor power

[yeh realise the yammy and honda both 125s, but was mainly saying
                            that (cc) capacity is the overall HP production etc]

Comment

Originally posted by Audible View Post
                              I dunno about the freeway on a CBR125. In theory they have a top speed of 130kmh or so, but that's pulling over 10,000 rpm in top gear. I've yet to see one on the freeway. Most i've seen avoid the highways as they aren't great in a straight line.
                              I did just fine taking mine on freeways/other major roads, and I am by no means light. If you know how to ride, it'll still have pull.

Originally posted by GenocidE View Post
                              Originally posted by AWSE View Post
                              ^^^ In your face Honda!!
                              Yeah, I'm sure Honda are really feeling the burn of a bike with about the same specs that is allegedly going to cost...

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                              They really are handsome little buggars, any word on pricing?
                              About 50% more than the already overpriced (IMO) CBR125R.

Comment

Working...
                              X