New Motorbike backpacks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Motorbike backpacks....

Hey guys i'm in Milan (Italy) at the moment for the shoe fair, anyway i bumped into a bloke who has the rights to make soumy travel bags, anyway what caught me eye was these....

they are hard shelled bike bags, just like your helmet. after chatting to the bloke who designed them, i told him to put in a pop up section so you could put you helmet in it and when you were riding you could zip it up so that it was more aerodynamic.....

these bags are super light weight and its possible to have a built in back protector installed......these bags are still a prototype, but if there is enough interest i might be able to import them for around $150 a bag

anyway here are some more photos.... also the last photo is of a different type of helmet bag, and will proibably be cheaper.....

if your not interested thats cool, but i thought i would put it out there....

cheers
    Yes if the price was right
    45.45%
    Maybe if i could find a use for it
    9.09%
    No, dont need it
    0.00%
    No think bag is a bit gay
    45.45%

The poll is expired.

interesting gear! thanks for sharing!
    I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Comment

Pretty cool mate, wouldn't mind one .

Comment

interesting but whats the advantage over a normal back pack. For slower speeds anyway?
        Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Do they come in solid colours?

Comment

they are awesome! Great find
            Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

do they have any bags for guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Today 06:59 AMbobinatcat
                interesting but whats the advantage over a normal back pack. For slower speeds anyway?
                i don't think the bag was designed for extra aerodynamics, but more for stlye and use. After speaking to the guy who designed them, he said that he wanted to make a motorcycle friendly backpack...... It has a section for your gloves, hopefully a back protector, helmet storage, secure laptop holder, water resistant, might even be able to place a ipod holder in there too...

Originally posted by Today 08:09 AMmewnz
                Do they come in solid colours?
                yeah I'd say they would, but the ones the guy had on display were in the same design as the current model helmets, had a cool troy bayliss replica bag there and also a rizla rep there that i forgot to get a photo of

Originally posted by Today 09:26 AMimoXu
                do they have any bags for guys?
                yep they had some made out of recycled blunstone boot leather with a little bit of hardcore thrown in just to make it that bit more manly

Comment

Nice bags... hang on... you travelled to Italy solely (pardon the pun) for a shoe fair?? That's kinda awesome...
                  Originally posted by Koola
                  Someone sig this.

Comment

Cool idea.
                    Been wondering where all the hardshelled back packs were...
                    Great that it has a spot to hod your Lid once you're off the bike.
                    c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

I'd be down for one.

What would the price be with back protector? And pattern options?

Comment

Originally posted by Today 11:41 AMMurley
                        Nice bags... hang on... you travelled to Italy solely (pardon the pun) for a shoe fair?? That's kinda awesome...
                        yep....perks of the job i guess ^_^

Originally posted by Today 01:49 PMRyven
                        What would the price be with back protector? And pattern options?
                        not sure, as these aren't in production yet, just seeing if there is any interest, price could be more or less depending on design, quantities and exchange rates... so price at my estimates would be around $150 aud give or take $50

pattern options would probably be any design that soumy produce in current model helmets.....

Comment

Interesting, although I'm still planning to get the Ogio No Drag back pack at the moment. Seems to be very well suited for riding from what I hear. But it's good to know there are other types coming out.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't buy one - STRONGLY recommend that if you want to carry gear on a bike you carry it on the bike and not the rider, backpacks are not comfortable to roll around on at any speed. Panniers, tailpacks and tankbags all shit on those ugly gearsack things. Keep a cargo net under the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by IvanStyle View Post
                              Interesting, although I'm still planning to get the Ogio No Drag back pack at the moment. Seems to be very well suited for riding from what I hear. But it's good to know there are other types coming out.
                              Bloody good bag!! I have one and it's fantastic - once on, you barely know it's there! No drag or movement! Done well over 100 with it on and no drama!!

Don't recommend hardpacks though... Those things will damage your spine if you come off and end up spine downward. Defiantely needs to have a flexible back
                              Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                              One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                              . .

Comment

Working...
                              X