Interstate motorsickles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interstate motorsickles

I'm pretty sure that the local popo can tell if the rego has expired or not, but do they know WHO that vehicle is registered to?

If its a local vehicle then yes they can find out who the vehicle is registered to. If its an interstate one then im not sure, but I would say they could as well.
    ZippySig.com

Comment

There is a national database. If they need the information, they should be able to get it. How it ties in with their regular practices I do not know.

Comment

They can't even tell the rego has expired (unless they are looking at an out of date rego tag). Another member of PSB had to leave his Victorian plated bike at a booze bus because the rego tag was out of date. He had just paid it but did not have the current tag on the bike. So the cop wouldn't let him leave on it. (Was a couple of months ago now things do change).
        So nope, when the cops are following an interstate bike they can't get your details at the time.
        Last edited by not faz; 20-09-2009, 01:36 AM.

Comment

They moved to a national database a while back (~12 months?).

I know they can during business hours through DoT, but not sure about whether they can access the info directly.
          Originally posted by Dragunov-21
          If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

DPI is dropping rego tags shortly due to them being unnecessary (and expensive). The database will (if it doesn't now) have expiry details along with vehicle and owner details.

I don't know how this will affect cross-border vehicles now but would expect something national eventually based on what I have heard reported lately.
            Last edited by Veefore; 20-09-2009, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov-21 View Post
              They moved to a national database a while back (~12 months?).

I know they can during business hours through DoT, but not sure about whether they can access the info directly.
              Tasmania moved onto the national system not so long ago. Most of the real states have been on the national system for years.

As for the rego tags thing... I'm really not liking the idea for interstate travel (not that the current stickers, with no vehicle specifics printed, are really worth much anyway...). You get knuckle dragger cops everywhere. Might be an idea to make sure you keep a copy of your current registration details in your luggage for out of state trips...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
                Tasmania moved onto the national system not so long ago. Most of the real states have been on the national system for years.
                Meh, being a backwater is the price we pay for our roads ^_^

I really wish we hadn't though... stupidfuckingrepairablewriteoffsbloodygovernmentma fuggers....
                Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Working...
                X