Any tips for Phillip Island Motogp ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips for Phillip Island Motogp ?

I am going to the race this year for the first time and don't know wether to get a grand stand ticket or just a cheapy and walk around. Is there a good spot to watch the race where you can see most of the action ? Thanks for any help.

I dunno, but I'm going to Singapore on Wednesday to watch the F1's. We got a grandstand ticket on the start/finish straight. Cant wait!

Comment

You can see the action from just about everywhere. One tip is watch out for seagulls - I am actually sitting at the penguin parade right now and a seagull just shat on my knee from about 10 metres up.
      They seem to be pretty accurate when they are lining up for a bomb run.
      Posted via Mobile Device
      Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

I'm goin this year too any tips on good spots for general admission?

Comment

If you've got good legs, I'd prefer to roam, but its a long walk around the track. A couple of my fave spots are on the fence or mound between T11 and T12. During practice a few of the boys get the back out and smokin. Siberra has a good mound as well.
          There are big screens located around the track with most around the stands that you can see while mobile.
          If I was to go a stand the one at MG would be my pick. If you want to see what something at 330 kms/hr looks like up close get onto the straight.
          You wont be dissapointed anywhere, the sound and sights will give you something to remember.

Comment

Thanks for that . Does anyone know how early you should get there to miss the traffic and line ups ?

Comment

Originally posted by AWSE View Post
              I dunno, but I'm going to Singapore on Wednesday to watch the F1's. We got a grandstand ticket on the start/finish straight. Cant wait!
              Mate you'll love it i was there last year orsm atmosphere at night.

Im off to PI this year also for the first time, i bought tickets in the Gardner Stand but as others have said we'll probably roam around a bit too.

Comment

Aim to get there when the gates open and I think the traffic is still pretty clear, from Melbourne. As for leaving the place on Sunday it takes absolutely hours just to get off the Island. If you can, take the back way into Cowes and stay there for a couple of hours, have something to eat etc and then leave - the traffic will me much much clearer then.
                Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Sweet I cant wait! Does anyone know if its still possible to get into the pit area? do u need to spend an extra $million for special access?

Comment

We're getting too and from the Island by bus (~$30 from our apartment in Melb), hoping that helps fight the traffic - especially when leaving on Sunday arvo.
                    Automotive & Motorcycle Photographer | http://www.janglovac.com/motorcycle/

www.facebook.com/JanGlovacPhotography

Comment

Originally posted by alank View Post
                      Sweet I cant wait! Does anyone know if its still possible to get into the pit area? do u need to spend an extra for special access?
                      A general admission ticket will not get you into a pit lane walk, you need to pick up one of the hospitality tickets for that. Last year our group got hold of a paddock pass (through a friend of a friend), but you generally have to part with some significant Johnny Cash to get one of these

If you get there before the gates open on Sunday morning, you can leg it around to Siberia or other favorite spot and pick up a spot on the fence Friday and Saturday the crowds are ok so you can just wander around and get a different spot for each session (help you decide on the best spot for Sunday).

Comment

Anyone know what time the gates are open on Sunday ?

Comment

I have a tip go here and vote for my bike European Motorcycles (its the guzzi Corsa). After that not much although make sure you take some warm clothes siberia can live up to its name. I havn't been to the GP before ethier and stumped up for some exxy tickets so we'll see how that pans out.
                          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
                            Anyone know what time the gates are open on Sunday ?
                            JFGI
                            07:30

event program PDF: http://www.motogp.com.au/site/_conte...755-source.pdf

Comment

As others have said I just wander for friday saturday and on the sunday we will be at siberia with our camp chairs set up on the fence after rattling the gates to get in. Have sat in the grandstand before and the vision is good but (as usual) the seats are a bit small for my bod, it is nice to have a seat to go to but I spend too much time wandering to justify it.

Great unwashed masses for me.
                              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Working...
                              X