helmets....again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helmets....again

I have a problem in that I can not find a helmet that fits.(seriously)

The arai xxl, and the shoei xxxl do not fit,both are the largest imported sizes.

I currently have a 13yr old shoei that fits and is in good condition but obviously too old and a new BMW series 6 that only fits with the chin padding removed.

I have shopped around and can not find a full face that fits, any suggestions?.

Obviously importing has its legal problems, but it has to be better than a faulty fitting helmet.

lol how big is your head?? haha
    maybe with the arai ask if they where the smallest pads in the helmet, because I know that the face pads in arai have like 15 different sizes
    Originally posted by browncow
    Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

Originally posted by mytriumph View Post
      I have a problem in that I can not find a helmet that fits.(seriously)

The arai xxl, and the shoei xxxl do not fit,both are the largest imported sizes.

I currently have a 13yr old shoei that fits and is in good condition but obviously too old and a new BMW series 6 that only fits with the chin padding removed.

I have shopped around and can not find a full face that fits, any suggestions?.

Obviously importing has its legal problems, but it has to be better than a faulty fitting helmet.
      Talk to Dan at Causeway Yamaha. AFAIK he's still a qualified Arai fitter/tech.

The adjustments that can be done to a lid go beyond even using the smallest padding.

Comment

Shark!!!

Many different sized pads to custom fit a different shaped head!!!

And save $$$....

Comment

Good one, Ryven.
          Please, call me Flash...

Comment

have you tried Dom and Aldo at helmet house?

Comment

Look at these threads, they might help

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...g-heads-57166/

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...helmets-57908/

Comment

Try OGK I have quite a large head (and my skull is big too ) and found the Arai's/Shoei's too small and ended up getting the Aeroblade II from OGK, they also have the FF4 and new FF5
                #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                Originally posted by Phildo
                Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                Originally posted by filbert
                i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

well not as high class but i use an RXT helmet because i can't fit into ARAI and SHOEI's XL size.. and when i do get it on i get a crushing migrane in 2 minutes.. and it takes another 2 minutes of pulling off.. but with an RXT i can comfortably use M .. downside is RXT's safety rating is non existant..

Comment

Originally posted by FEARLEZ5 View Post
                    ... and when i do get it on i get a crushing migrane in 2 minutes.. and it takes another 2 minutes of pulling off.. .
                    I suppose that's one way to relieve a migraine :o
                    "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

Comment

thanks for the replies

yes I have tried the helmet house, they ordered me in the 2xl arai, on the chance it would fit, but even they conceded it was not even close. they suggested a open face as my only option.

the nice lady (mandy?) at dale brittons arranged for me to go to the wholesaler, to test the 3xl shoei, but that was not even close aswell

the arai will go on but is too tight, the shoei will not get past my ears.

I have been to every bike shop in Vic park, aswell as cully's, rick Gills etc etc

I am reluctantly thinking of a open face?

I have also thought of applying for a helmet exemption,but using a imported helmet that fits. They say they will not issue them anymore but it wont cost to try, and they would be hard pressed to argue the point that I would be better of with a poorly fitted helmet, than a good quality imported one ( shoei/arai etc)

Comment

Originally posted by FEARLEZ5 View Post
                        well not as high class but i use an RXT helmet because i can't fit into ARAI and SHOEI's XL size.. and when i do get it on i get a crushing migrane in 2 minutes.. and it takes another 2 minutes of pulling off.. but with an RXT i can comfortably use M .. downside is RXT's safety rating is non existant..
                        I would not personally recommend one of these. I had one, and it was the biggest piece of shit helmet I ever owned. Padding went to shit in less than 2 months and at any speeds over 120, it felt like it wanted to take off. Was fine when new, but just deteriorated at an unbelivable rate.
                        I also have a larger than average noggin (to house my mega brain ), and have found HJC's to be a really good fit. Having said that, your head might be a weird Nolan shaped one...
                        Can you help with foster care?
                        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

If I see this, I will be sure to wave to you
                          Originally posted by browncow
                          Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

Working...
                          X