Suggestions for bikes for short people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for bikes for short people

My wife stands 5 foot tall, and is keen to try riding, Does anyone have a suggestion for a bike that she may fit onto?
    My bike as an example she couldn't push off the stand to stand it upright. Apart from the fact that it's way to heavy for her, and she needs to start with a RE bike.

LOL the kawa ZX10R is about the biggest of the litres of that year so that doesn't help.

Also interested in this, as my missus is looking to start riding, and she's fairly short too.

Comment

pretty much any of the RE bikes apart from the hyo will fit her ok. the gpx and cbr have a very good seat height from memory.well, for short asians like me at least...

Comment

Cruzer
        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
        (anarchy in english )

Comment

i want a hot bike someone chose me a sexy one

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
            Cruzer
            I'd rather push my bicycle than ride a cruiser

As has been mentioned, GPX is if anything too low for me(only 5'7"), but mine appears to sit lower than others for some magical reason that i haven't worked out yet...

Comment

Comment

cbr125 776 mm (30.6 inches)
                cb250 755 mm (29.7 inches)
                aprillia rs 250 690 mm (27.2 inches)

more examples and specs of other bikes here Bikez.com - Online motorcycle catalogue describing more than 13.000 bikes and 230 brands.

Comment

SV650 has a seat hight of around 800mm
                  Yep im with the anti cruzer club. But if you dont fit, ta dont fit.
                  A cruzer is better then no bike.
                  Honda c110 ???
                  You got to admit they are cool.
                  REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                  (anarchy in english )

Comment

Bike magazine did a good review of bikes for smaller folk recently, buggered if I can find the link though.
                    Dolphin 38.

I don't know whether you noticed Marjory, but the criminal fraternity sometimes indulge in practices called pretending and lying.

Comment

Vtr250

Comment

Rgv250

Comment

CBR125?

Very light bike, and small. I cant imagine she wants to go speeding around in a 250 anyways? That would be the cheaper option, or a VTR250 but i think they are around $8000-$9000?

Not 100% sure about the Ninja 250R but its not very heavy and i dont remember it being very high.

I can easily get onto the CBF250, im under 170 or around that in cms.

Comment

My wife is in the same situation, she is 5'2". She has sat on many bikes and the one she has felt most comfortable on was the Yamaha Scorpio. Almost bought one last weekend but figured she should have a few lessons to see if she likes them first (the instructors tend to use them).

In saying that, we may be able to get our hands on a well priced 2006 VTR250 that might be too hard to refuse.

Comment

The cb250 is a very low bike and at 5 foot 6 I could easily flatfoot both feet at once though the cbf 250 has a much wider seat, making it worse for smaller riders.
                              Originally Posted by Maxo
                              do people around you constantly wear their palm on their face?
                              to Butters

Comment

Working...
                              X