Filtering on a busa - how limited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filtering on a busa - how limited?

Just wondering how the hayabusas size limits filtering ability? Any more than a litre?

According to google my vtr250 is wider mirror to mirror than the hayabusa which I am finding hard to swallow, unless width measurements refer to bodywork?

Thanks (:

As long as you can fit go for it

Comment

Haha yeah that's the basis for my question - how often will I fit?

To / from uni and work I am often in traffic at least one way

Comment

No worse than any other bike on the road

Comment

I filter / split on the XX all the time. The busa would be a similar width.

Comment

Originally posted by ByfordBlade View Post
            No worse than any other bike on the road
            Plus I'd imagine people would be a bit shyer about being dicks and cutting you off etc?

(Given that hayabusas look fairly menacing lol)
            Originally posted by Dragunov-21
            If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Busa is fine. Added advantage with standard mirrors is they click between positions - so if it's looking a little tight just pull the mirrors in.

Dicks still cut you off (don't see you).
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I filter on mine daily.

Psst, looking to buy one?
                such comment
                wow
                many post

Comment

Originally posted by D'Artagnan View Post
                  I filter / split on the XX all the time. The Busa would be a similar width.
                  +1 I split all the time when on my BB and have done quite a few times with the panniers on as well Just depends on the gap and your confidence, I even split once when taking an ST1100 with panniers on a test ride and it fit (just )
                  If your worried about the mirrors just pop it on the rear wheel, makes it a lot thinner

Actually I would think the Busa would probably be narrower due to the BB's integrated mirror/indicators
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov-21 View Post
                    Plus I'd imagine people would be a bit shyer about being dicks and cutting you off etc?

(Given that hayabusas look fairly menacing lol)

HAH trust me. they still cut you off (just healing from a broken collar bone cos some tool cut me off)

but yeah, filtering isnt any harder on the busa than other bikes.
                    There is no more time, even for cake. For you, the cake is over. You have reached the end of cake.

Comment

And it's not menacing, it's just that car drivers don't want ugly touching their cars

/runsawayfrombusaownersandhidesespeciallycam!

Comment

it's a judgement call on your part dude, common sense prevails at the end of the day.

If it looks safe, do it, if it doesn't, then don't. As for the frequency and ratio of safe vs unsafe splitting opportunities, you'll find it will vary on certain roads. There are some sections of great eastern hwy i would never filter through, then theres the huge gaps you get in other places. Keep it safe, and if you have to think twice about splitting then its probably common sense not to. This applies to busas or vtrs alike

Comment

I've found the Busa a bit wider than my previous bike, GSXR1000K5, but nothing to worry about, there's not a hell of a lot in it. Not enough to hold u up anyway...

Comment

ditto

filtered/ lane split quite happily on my old (K6) busa and on the current K8, was a bit paranoid about how far out the stock exhausts sat, but its not really an issue.

Comment

Working...
                            X