Helmet Decals/Stickers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Decals/Stickers?

I'm looking for a new helmet and have been trying on heaps around town(Albany) but have only found one that fits me well for a price that I like.
    A Shoei XR 1000 for only $499! One only and in black. I really wanted something a bit more colorful but the price is too good to pass up.
    My question is can you buy stickers/decals specifically for helmets? If so, where? I quite like the R&D design of an RJAYS helmet...

http://www.rjays.com.au/home/product...ts/SP2-R&D.jpg

but wasn't happy with the fit on my head.
    I once heard that its not a good idea to stick stickers to helmets because the glue can react with it and cause probs. Is this true or just a load of crap?
    Thanks

It depends (I believe) on whether the glue contains any solvents that could dissolve the shell, and what the shell is made of.

I don't have any scientific knowledge on the subject, but I, personally, would feel comfortable with sticking decals on mine (if I wanted to).
    Originally posted by Dragunov-21
    If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

I thought some of the patterns were decals just painted over with some sort of clear coat?

My fiberglass helmet looks that way. Not to mention I had some glued badges/stickers on it that I pulled off after I brought it so there must be some sort of adhesives that don't react.

No idea how you would tell the difference?
      Last edited by elcarter; 22-09-2009, 12:53 PM. Reason: porr grammar

Comment

Working...
      X