Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Edition Bikes

Alright another one of my questions.

I have been looking at Hornet's R1SP and read the forum on th GSXR-1000RR (2010).

My question is does anyone have a comprehensive knowledge or an idea of the type of "collectors" or "special" bikes out there? I would like a Suzuki and saw a Rizzla blue that is a Moto GP replica. Havent looked into it too much but I am considering something a bit special so more than just fairings and paint.

My friend has a 20th Edtn. GSXR750. Yes I am kind of leaning towards Suzuki he he.

Thanks in advance guys and girls.

a desmosedici, 1098r,999r,748r
    Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

How special ed ?

There are bikes that are limited for one reason or another, there are bikes with build plates. Then there are the "limited" eds like the 03 Black R1 with flames that was made in large production numbers.

The Honda Repsol is a good example .... theres two versions ... one is a limited ed with plate ... one is a set of fairings stickers that was touted as a limited ed.
      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I am after something as an "investment". I am aware that purchasing a bike/car or any other vehicle is rarely a good investment (unless it is a genuine XY GT for example) however I want to look at buying something that is purely special, that not everyone esle can just wack some stickers on bit or paint some OEM parts and there she is.

I mean making the R1 SP from a regular R1 would be pretty hard I should imagine?

Just a thought that crossed my mind this morning so thought I would ask and have a bit of a dream

Comment

Originally posted by stig View Post
          I am after something as an "investment".
          Originally posted by Falcore View Post
          desmosedici

Comment

Honda RC30 + RC45

Ducati 851/888 SP series plus SPS (if you can find one)
            Ducati 916 SP plus SPS
            Ducati 996 + 998R's

Comment

Honda NR750

What ever happened to the days when a "Limited Edition" was a very different bike to the original. Now days it just means a pain scheme.

At least Yamahaha did it with the SP 1.

I'd love to see a special version of the new VFR1200
              You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

MV Agusta make quite a few limited edition specials - Senna, Tamburini, CC etc. All worth big bucks though.
                Automotive & Motorcycle Photographer | http://www.janglovac.com/motorcycle/

www.facebook.com/JanGlovacPhotography

Comment

I wouldn't limit myself to one brand it may be hard to find a "collectors item" looking at one brand only. Also you may be able to guess what will be a classic in years to come, but it may not be a suzy. Good luck with your quest

Comment

RG500's pulling pretty good coin to....

Comment

As Jules said, 851/888 SP/S and anything with an R after it.

Comment

If you want an off the production line Japanese bike, the VMax might do well in years to come in mint condition... Then again, they're made to order. As for pretty well any other Japanese "special editions"... Good luck.

Comment

Investment?
                          Not sure of many that would fit that category. For a start, if you were really talking about a proper investment where your money was working for you. That means you'd want the price of the bike to grow by at least the rate of inflation or bank interest rates. Go buy a Ford Falcon GTHO Phase III.

Some bikes are limited only by their paint or others have a limited run number with or without a build plate to commemorate.
                          Some bikes are simply a unique paint job (Honda Repsol replica, Tricolor, Kawasaki red and black ZZR1400), others are limited by their build (bling parts - MV Agusta CC, MV Agusta Tamburini), and others are just rare full stop (Desmosedici).
                          There are very few that you could properly call an investment.

I don't know of many Suzukis.
                          As Ryven said, the V-Max is going to be pretty rare, as well as a new SP version of the MT-01 that they just released.
                          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                          In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                          Amen, brother. Amen.
                          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                            Investment?
                            Not sure of many that would fit that category. For a start, if you were really talking about a proper investment where your money was working for you. That means you'd want the price of the bike to grow by at least the rate of inflation or bank interest rates. Go buy a Ford Falcon GTHO Phase III.

Some bikes are limited only by their paint or others have a limited run number with or without a build plate to commemorate.
                            Some bikes are simply a unique paint job (Honda Repsol replica, Tricolor, Kawasaki red and black ZZR1400), others are limited by their build (bling parts - MV Agusta CC, MV Agusta Tamburini), and others are just rare full stop (Desmosedici).
                            There are very few that you could properly call an investment.

I don't know of many Suzukis.
                            As Ryven said, the V-Max is going to be pretty rare, as well as a new SP version of the MT-01 that they just released.

Bought my Sp5 for $19K, sold 2 years later for $27K, sounds like investment to me.

dont have a spare $200K + for a GTHO PIII........

Comment

There is a limited edition Yamaha MT-01 SP coming out in 2010, similar to the R1 SP of 2006.......
                              Personally I don't like the colour scheme, but it it will be a X of XXX build......
                              Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Working...
                              X